Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need advice on a strange problem with carpets

I assume there is no telephone number posted on the door of the shop to call for information about the store closing?  is the store in a shopping center?  if it is I would go into one of the other stores in the shopping center and see if a manager of one of those stores can provide you with the name and phone number of the center's owners or rental agency.  perhaps they could help you locate the shop's occupants.  otherwise I would call the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint.

Trusted Contributor

I would first  see if you can contact the owners and find out what is going on, perhaps someone is ill and business is the last thing on their mind, they may be trying to get someone to noitify customers as to when they can get their merchanise back.  If this is a business you have been doing business with for years I would give them that opportunity.   If you can't reach anyone then contact your  BBB and see what they suggest. If all fails contact your Attorney Generals office and file a complaint.

Trusted Contributor

Well I did speak to the AGs office and they sent me a complaint form.  The owner's brother ended up clening my rugs and the price the owner wanted to get them done was absurd.  I was able to negotiate them down, however i will certainly never use him again.  I have my rugs.  What is the lesson learned  I am not sure?  However, I still have the complaint form and am waiting.  I am waiting to figure out how to fill it out?

Respected Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

Well I did speak to the AGs office and they sent me a complaint form.  The owner's brother ended up clening my rugs and the price the owner wanted to get them done was absurd.  I was able to negotiate them down, however i will certainly never use him again.  I have my rugs.  What is the lesson learned  I am not sure?  However, I still have the complaint form and am waiting.  I am waiting to figure out how to fill it out?

well, i'm happy to hear you've gotten your rugs back.  yoou'll be able to get a decent price.  can't help witht the ag form since i never did one and don't know what state you're in.  good luck!