Valued Contributor

Need a laugh?What was i thinking....

• This past winter during a snowy  ,icy evening ,  I went shopping on line.Looking at new patio furniture ,  curtains for the cabana, new roses...I ordered some roses , some lavender plants ,delivery was months away...Ok instant satisfaction I need something...So I ordered new cushions ,curtains some monogrammed cabana towels ,  then I saw it......... Yes the thing that would make my  outside complete,ready for this,i had visions of my pool sparkling in the sunlight,and these ,well icing on the cake . I had forgotten about these until I unpacked the basement  boxes marked new outside.  Why oh why did I think 2 Six foot beach balls ,would make my pool  so inviting?I am now the proud owner of these when they are inflated there will be no swimming area ,  i will be stalked by them ,run over and holy poop, what about pool cleaning?Please next year when it it is12 below, remind me about these 6 ft  beasts..I am so embaressed..Maryanne 

Respected Contributor

Re: Need a laugh?What was i thinking....

I don't "know" you but your story did make me laugh out loud.  Who among us has not done this very same thing?  If I actually thought about it, I'm sure I could come up with a few "6 foot beach balls" myself.  Mostly clothing or shoes or accessories.  Thanks for the laugh

Honored Contributor

Maryanne,

Image result for lol animated images

Valued Contributor

@DrKelli, nice to meet you..At least you could hide your  stuff..Man the return time frame ran out ,so waste not want not...Picture these big beach balls next time you are  in need of   wacky..I guess I will be seeing them for a while too, maybe they will be defective  ,hmmm,Maryanne 

Valued Contributor

@meallen, my dearest friend, you are always spot on.I will be bouncing off  these  for a while, wait till my sweet Edward sees this !If I go missing check the psych ward...He is gonna think I need a long rest....Hugs sweet one,Maryanne 

Honored Contributor

I'm wracking my brain to think of what else you might use those for. Exercise balls? Nah.

Respected Contributor

Could you donate them to a local summer program for kids?  They could play a game similiar to soccer with them.  I remember doing this when I was growing up with a huge ball.  You had to work together with your team to lift the ball up above your opponents and roll it toward the goal.  Just a thought . . .

Honored Contributor

Enjoy your new treasures, you will find a use the those balls!

I wish (sometimes) that I could make a purchase like that, I am so practical that I am not a lot of fun!

Valued Contributor

Maybe my koi would like a new toy!,sneak up to a neighbors and gift their pool with one..Hmmm,  They are  6 ft tall AND 6 ft wide !..

Oh my the possibilities , have to throw a pool party, a door prizes?  What's really funny I have these 5, 18 inch yellow rubber ducks that go in the pool,the pool is in ground so all my pets see are floating ducks, entertaining, i wonder when these go in what they will think? Ah adventure...Maryanne 

Valued Contributor

Watch these be my favorite things, holy smokes , life is fun! Maryanne