Valued Contributor

Re: Need a laugh?What was i thinking....

@Still keeper of the koiNow that is hilarious! I got a good laugh, which I needed as I've been having a bad day. Who among us hasn't done something like you did though? I know I have. Maybe not 6 feet beach balls but still things that later I think, what on earth was I thinking? You were just apparently wishing it was warm enough to go play in the pool and have fun, lol  I'd say you got a bit carried away but who hasn't, right? And it made a lot of us laugh so that's got to be worth something.

Just so you know, I'm not laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH you.

Honored Contributor

Donate them to a kid's camp or municipal pool? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still keeper of the koi We had one of those as kids, the 4 of us used to roll it, throw it, toss it, we even had the neighborhood kids join us because it looked so fun, we practically had a block party with our 6 foot beach ball, and then our German Sheperd decided to join in on the fun, the beachball lost, LOL!

Edit:  And did I mention we did not have a pool!

Honored Contributor

Donate them to your local YMCA - the kids will love them in the pool.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if only inflated it half way so that it is kind of a big bowl shape, and use it for a pool floatie might work ? Just a thought 😜

Honored Contributor

Your post made me laugh.  When I was a teenager, I bought a six foot beach ball and took it to Cape May, NJ beach with my family.

I thought I would be the talk of the beach and everyone would want one, but I had mine first.  I sat on the beach towel and blew it up by mouth.

It was fun, my brothers and sister and I passed it back and forth and people stopped to watch.

Then a gust of wind took it down the beach where it rolled over people, hit their umbrellas and kicked up sand every where.  I had to run at least a mile until I caught up with it.  I had to grab it by the blow stem and steady it until I could let some of the air out.  When it was deflated, I had to drag it back to my family's site and apologize to everyone who made eye contact with me.

I never took it to the beach again.  What was I thinking?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie, so basically , I have 2 huge life sucking , unmanageable ,  wayward blow up beasts...Hmm they make stay in the carton while I contemplate this..Your  story  was hilarious , somehow I see  you in my mind chasing these . .Thanks for the giggle  and warning, Maryanne 

Honored Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi I love the idea of sticking one in the neighbors pool when they aren't looking.It should have a message on it too.I had a friend who had an anotomically correct male doll made out of old nylons.We used to camp together with a bunch of other couples and you never knew when or where you would come across that doll...then you had to find it a new home.We got so many laughs.One time he was in the dryer with my laundry.

Honored Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi wrote:

@Carmie, so basically , I have 2 huge life sucking , unmanageable ,  wayward blow up beasts...Hmm they make stay in the carton while I contemplate this..Your  story  was hilarious , somehow I see  you in my mind chasing these . .Thanks for the giggle  and warning, Maryanne 

They would be fun to play with as long as they can't blow away.  A fenced in playground or a big field or a swimming pool on a non-windy day.

Esteemed Contributor

ME TOO!!

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Enjoy your new treasures, you will find a use the those balls!

I wish (sometimes) that I could make a purchase like that, I am so practical that I am not a lot of fun!

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam