Super Contributor

@gonnab wrote:

I'm on the same quest - to find a comfortable bra (42DD).   To complicate things, I've had heart surgery which means that I have a long incision down the middle of my chest and a bra puts pressure on it making it borderline painful - that eliminates the wired style.  At home, I wear a sports bra which gives little or no suport but at least, it doesn't put much pressure on that incision.   Frankly, I don't think there is such a thing as a comfortable bra.  I'd really rather go without but decorum dictates that I should!   I recently tried Breezies Wld Rose Seamless Wirefree, A260367.  Good support and as comfortable as any other I've tried so far.

gonnab:  In my later years I have really been needing a comfortable, wire free bra but have not found anything much until just recently when I tried the Bali Comfi-Fit bra and I find it works really well.  It is soft and wire free and I find I can wear it for hours very comfortably.  There is enough support (for me, anyway) to make it a very wearable, all-day bra.  The sizing is by letter (L, XL, etc.) but the tag on the bra explains the sizing.  I followed it exactly and it fits very well.  I think you would need an XL.  I got mine in Macy's and have just stocked up on two more.  I hope this helps.

Super Contributor

Re: Need a comfortable bra

[ Edited ]

I'm a 42 DDD and was pleasantly surprised at Breezies Wld Rose Seamless Wirefree.   I was also pleasantly surprised by Fruit of the Loom sports bra purchased at Walmart.   It has an underwire but is very comfortable and inexpensive.  The major drawback is that it comes in some very strange colors and it took a while before I accepted them.  At 77, vivid red bras seemed a little bizarre.  Then, the other day, when the temperature was very low and so was I, I found myself with many layers of clothing and robin shaped, wandering around the supermarket ...bra-less.  No one screamed and pointed at me, so I may reserve wearing bras for the warmer months when I don't have so many layers between me and the public.  And I remember my mother wouldn't leave the house without a girdle.  (Do they still make girdles?  2-way stretch was a big thing.)  But, I digress.

Honored Contributor

My band size is smaller, but my cup size is a DD.

My current favorite for comfort and look is the Playtex #4415.   It's also attractive and comfortable, but it is a nicely made, well-structured, bra for the larger sizes.

But I know what you mean about having your favorites discontinued!   This seems to happen to me a lot.  When I decided that I liked this one I bought a fairly large supply of these in the colors I like.  

Honored Contributor

I am a Bali gal, both top and bottoms. I really like the Bali no wire bras.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Contributor

I was in Lane Bryant and decided to get fitted for a bra and found out I was in the worng size. I should have been a 40D instead of a 38DD they have great fitting bra's underwire and non underwire and great sales.

Respected Contributor

When I read the title, I thought "there is no such thing as a comfortable bra." I have worn underwire forever, and this thread made me think I should try something else.

why do women like underwire?  More support, fits closer to the body?

I'm going to check out the Bali comfort. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, but the are going under another name: shapers. 

Super Contributor

Thanks for all your suggestions.  I did try the Bali Comfort Revolution but it kept riding up in the back.  I can't wear a bra that is too tight because I have a scar issue from a surgery that hurts if there is too much pressure.

I will try and report back what works for me.  I did buy the Breezies - that was a recent TSV.  It's OK but it rides up a bit and is very itchy.  I really don't like the material used and the side stays sometimes hurt under my arms.

Good Luck to all of us on our bra quest!!!!Woman LOL

Gail

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Trusted Contributor

@gailcoco I say the same.  Good luck with that.

Honored Contributor

Re: Need a comfortable bra

[ Edited ]

@gailchap wrote:

This message is for all busty women who are size 40D-DD and over, preferably with rolls and lumps and bumps.

The Playtex bras I have are starting to disintegrate from wear but Playtex stopped making the style I like.  I have been on a quest for a comfortable bra that supports but nothing is coming close.  Why works for you?

Please no Genie or Ahhh bras - they do not work for me at all!!!  And no suggestions that I get fitted....I know what size I wear and need.  I prefer seamless cups that kind of stretch with the breast.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Gail

For working at home, I like the Playtex #4159.  

It's very comfortable and has the lining under the boobage to absorb moisture.    After I tried one and found how well it worked for me, I have since purchased this style on Ebay for dollars cheaper. Give it a try.