Honored Contributor

Re: Need Suggestions For Gag Gifts

I hate spending $$ on gag gifts----find something you don't want and wrap it up. Most the so-called "funny" gag gifts I recieved, I threw away or donated. Mostly got them when I turned a big number like 50 and on up--waste of time and $$ and generally, not that flattering. JMO, of course.

Esteemed Contributor

How about pepto bismol, ex lax, toilet tissue and more into a

basket.Silly stuff that might be used but obviously you would

never give as a regular gift.

Yes, better than throwing away garbage that was only funny

when it was opened and serves no real purpose.

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@Boehm Collector  Don't have a lot of suggestions, but maybe get them a

spray bottle of poo-poori?  That would be a gag gift that someone could use.....and is for both men and women. 

@Boehm Collector : I love @CAcableGirl2 's suggestion! In keeping with that theme, you could also enclose a "bathroom reading" book, such as this reasonably-priced paperback on Amazon:

IMG_1580.JPG

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I always thought gag gifts were such a waste of time and money, but you guys have come up with some great ideas.

I agree with you @blackhole99  .... but DH and I enjoy getting together with my brother's in-laws... and the event will take place over a weekend at DB's SIL's  beach house.  So, with the exception of the gag gifts, it should be fun.  

Esteemed Contributor

Another problem I have is that one of the people attending the event is only 7 years old... so since everyone will pick a wrapped gag gift out of a box I have to be careful that it will be appropriate for a young child. 

Honored Contributor

I had a Xmas party with my hubs big family at my house, years ago ; it was a White Elephant where nothing was to be bought, only stuff you could recycle. Everyone wrapped the gifts up and then we did the choosing thing----was so funny and so much fun!! I picked my nephews size 13 old ,grungy sneakers that he actually spray painted silver. The kids went wild with it all --BTW--those sneaks ended up in the garbage. Kind of a gag gift thing, I think!!

Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

Q gift card.  By the tme they get whatever they ordered they will have forgot what it was.

@MarkeieMark 

lol!