Frequent Contributor

Need Advice with Gifts

[ Edited ]

Really not sure if I'm right or wrong on this, so I'm throwing this out to my QVC cohorts.

Trusted Contributor

I think a gift is a gift.  What the receiver does with it after it is given to them is their choice.

Respected Contributor

You already know the answer...once you give a gift what's done with it is no longer your business. My advice is cut your gifting in half & put the money saved away for the children your youngest son may have. If I had one thing to do over, I'd put more money in the college fund for my grandkids, the money spent over time on clothes & toys is a waste of $$$.

Honored Contributor

@SAM55 Rather than edit your post so those of us reading it have no idea what you were talking about, you could have (and still can) hit the "Report Inappropriate" area of your post and ask the moderators to delete the whole thing.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Are we supposed guess or use our powers of ESP to devine what this post is about?  It appears you edited, the post out.  You should have deleted the entire post.

Honored Contributor

@SAM55 wrote:

Really not sure if I'm right or wrong on this, so I'm throwing this out to my QVC cohorts.

CrystalBallFortuneTellerSmiley copy.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@SAM55.....I would love to help you but I dont know what gifts or to whom or the occasion.  Please fill me in.... thanks.

Honored Contributor

@SAM55

Taking a cue from the first two posts, I’d say I agree with what the posters have written.

When we give the DGCs a gift these days, it ends up on the floor, contributing to the mess their parents would rather not deal with. I get that.

DD has suggested tickets to zoos or museums as gifts, so the family can go more places. 

I too would like to start a college fund for them. What a great idea!

I think our children’s generation does not want to be bogged down in material things.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor
We started 529 plans for our grandkids....college savings plans. You can contribute as little or as much as you wish each month. Your bank can set it up for you or you can go to your banking website and do it online.
Frequent Contributor

@Nicknack   I just saw your reply.  I did not edit my post.  If it was done, it wasn't by me. (And I'm confused how that could happen!)