Super Contributor

Re: Need Advice About What to Wear for Job Interview

Good luck on your interview! When I went back to work 10 yrs ago I was lucky and called right away, so I had to get it together quickly. I just did black pants and cardigan with white collared shirt with black flats. I think be comfortable and smile. You will do great!!
Honored Contributor

Always wear something classic and comfortable. Best wishes.

Respected Contributor

@FrostedCake, good luck to you on your job interview. I vote for the short-sleeve pantsuit. We have become a much more casual world than we used to be. You would look professional and dressy casual in the pantsuit...a perfect look for the job you are applying for. Best wishes!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

John Malloy says never wear green and always be clean. Someone I once knew and did a lot of interviews said their biggest complaint was people were nervous and talked too much.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

I echo what everyone has said about being comfortable.

Wear a nice outfit that you feel comfortable in.

If you're not comfortable, you will not come across as relaxed and confident.

Another thing:

Remember to stand and sit up straight. Too many times women walked a little hunched over.

Standing up straight projects confidence, and will help you to feel good, too.  Confidence is the best accessory.

And don't forget this from Lori Greiner (!):

How you perceive yourself has everything to do with how others perceive you.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero