Valued Contributor

Re: Need A New Hot Water Boiler

@cuddlesmama 

Just a question...could you get a new gas system that runs off propane temporarily which can then be converted to natural gas?  Maybe that could be an option to get you through the winter with a new gas system and then get the gas line installed after the winter when you can shut down your system.  I don't even know if this is possible with the type of system you would need, but just wanted to toss I out for you as an option if it is possible!

Respected Contributor

@Scorpio1971  What a brilliant idea!!! I bet the OP could, because propane to natural gas conversion is just a matter of changing valve sizes. I have had it done on a stove and a forced air furnace, but never a boiler. 

Like having your cake and eating it, too. 

Valued Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

@Scorpio1971  What a brilliant idea!!! I bet the OP could, because propane to natural gas conversion is just a matter of changing valve sizes. I have had it done on a stove and a forced air furnace, but never a boiler. 

Like having your cake and eating it, too. 

@PickyPicky3 

After reading that the OP said they could have gas next spring or so, I was thinking & wondering if this would be a possibility for them.  I don't know what might be involved but might be worth looking into if they can get gas line installed next year and go with the gas system on propane temporarily.  Also it would depend on whether they can have propane or not.  But I am guessing since no gas lines are installed they might be in a more rural area than city area and propane would be more common in rural areas.  But something to look into for sure! 😀

Respected Contributor

I hope the OP lets us know how things turn out.

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

I hope the OP lets us know how things turn out.

@PickyPicky3 

I'm curious as well but it's been 4 days since her original post so chances are getting slimmer by the day.