Honored Contributor

Re: Need 75th BD party suggestions.

The star of any birthday is the birthday boy/girl followed closely by the cake.I say be sure there is enough that everyone gets a piece and seconds if they wish...it’s a celebration after all.

Honored Contributor

75 cupcakes with candles in each one.  Make it fit like a cake, maybe in tiers.  

Honored Contributor

Some people don't eat cake, get the smaller cake and platter of cookies.

Trusted Contributor

Cupcakes.

Respected Contributor

you know how people feel about store bought sheet cake.  Let's just say, that some are better than others. 

I would go with a quarter, and have another dessert as well.  Fruit might be a good idea, or what about mini choc eclairs, or fruit tarts?

Trusted Contributor

Happy 75th to your husband!  I would go with the half sheet cake and you could add some nice cookies and also maybe a fruit salad. 

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

There is no such thing as too much cake. Smiley Very Happy

@pigletsmom

I was going to say the same thing.  In our family, one piece of cake per person would be an insult!

Respected Contributor

I would get the smaller cake, and cut very small pieces. I would also serve other desserts. I like to give guests choices. 

Respected Contributor

To be safe go with the 1/2 sheet.  When estimating how many servings a cake provides you really need to be sure what the serving size is, it could be 2"x2" which for a wedding is fine.  For a birthday party my family would consider that meager.  If ice cream is being added you can get away with a smaller serving size.

You will definitely have cake left over with a half sheet but I rather have left over cake to parcel out or put pieces in the freezer.  

I'd also would a mixed fruit salad for those guests not wishing cake.

Valued Contributor

How about 75 cupcakes in the shape of a seven and a five?