Esteemed Contributor

Re: Narcissistic men - anybody know one?

Not personally...Image result for eye roll emoji

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

No, I don't know one.  Almost all men I know are very narcissistic.

Esteemed Contributor

@HisElk wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Men can sure be cockey.  It is just the way of many.  Many times being cockey is what it takes to get a job done.  Ever know a pilot who isn't?  Yet he does things that I wouldn't want to do. 

@Puzzle Piece, I am answering the part I bolded in your post.  Yes, I do know a few pilots who are NOT.  Actually, my husband and I met through taking flying lessons and married at the local airport.  All of the pilots we met there were anything but; in fact, they were all very interesting to talk to.  I'm sure there are some, but certainly not all.

@HisElk1 I should have mentioned certain pilots.  I have known most all to be such.  Yes, they can be nice, but they have their egos.  Military pilots have to have a certain something to fly into combat and hostile areas.  Now I'll hear it from the military folks. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

sunala wrote:

Not personally...Image result for eye roll emoji

Yeah, this.

Honored Contributor

ONE???!!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

They hide in plain site. They seem to be everywhere.

Once you truly understand the behavior pattern of a narcissist, you can spot them really fast. The behavior pattern is much deeper than just being full of themselves, and arrogant.

The problem is, most can be charming, charismatic, and so kind. They are masters of luring people to them. Then the mask drops, and you find the true person.

B clusters disordered people can be a nightmare for those involved with one.

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Easily recognizable, they are never in the wrong, someone else is always to blame, their own behavior is always good and right.  Additionally, they do not feel remorse.

I know one - can't disclose name here.

@Drythe

I know the same one!

Respected Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

They hide in plain site. They seem to be everywhere.

Once you truly understand the behavior pattern of a narcissist, you can spot them really fast. The behavior pattern is much deeper than just being full of themselves, and arrogant.

The problem is, most can be charming, charismatic, and so kind. They are masters of luring people to them. Then the mask drops, and you find the true person.

B clusters disordered people can be a nightmare for those involved with one.

@gabstoomuch

They often push to the front in gatherings!!!

Honored Contributor

LMAO, Fortune!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Most narcissists I have known have this image they must keep up.  It is more important to them than anything....including you!  If you confront them or even hint that they are in the wrong they will go on the attack in one manner or the other.  They lie, too.  I don't think you can lie to someone and have a good relationship.  I read somewhere once that "honesty is the bedrock foundation of a safe relationship."....I believe it. Narcissists are always on the defense and they will lie to get what they want.  I try to have as little interaction with them as I possibly can.