Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nail length what do you think looks the best......

@Sooner wrote:

I have never been a fan of long nails.  They look like you don't do anything but sit around and protect them.  Which to me says you don't have a very interesting life.

Personal biased opinion I admit.  But they just say that to me.  Honestly I have always looked at Martha Stewart's hands and they say to me that she really does do things.  Hers look like working hands to me. 

I haven't noticed nails recently, but the long long ones no, they always say that to me.  How on earth do you take care of yourself with nails like that?  

you mentioned that you haven't noticed nails lately....i did notice Mally's nails the other day...and thought....i wouldn't let her near my face!  they were so long!  jmo...

Honored Contributor

@nana59   The long pointy nails are frightening to me. I've seen it on Mally, but also MUA in dept. stores, but not coming near me. Who knows what's trapped under there!

My nails have always been short, just to the end of fingers with a slight bit of white showing. Lots of handwashing, even before covid because of jewelry making, painting and never want to come at clients (even gloved) with hawk-type nails.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I think Carolyn gracie has nice nails.

@goldensrbest   Amy also keeps hers at a nice length, shorter with a pale polish.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I have never been a fan of long nails.  They look like you don't do anything but sit around and protect them.  Which to me says you don't have a very interesting life.

Personal biased opinion I admit.  But they just say that to me.  Honestly I have always looked at Martha Stewart's hands and they say to me that she really does do things.  Hers look like working hands to me. 

I haven't noticed nails recently, but the long long ones no, they always say that to me.  How on earth do you take care of yourself with nails like that?  

@Sooner   I think the hosts with bright, long nails...some polished sparkly or two toned or fingers in different polishes are quite distracting...especially selling jewlery and makeup. 

I agree about working hands...they are strong and if well kept, pleasant to look at.

Honored Contributor

I don't like talons and super long nails.  After many years of fake nails all that goes with having them, I ditched them several years ago.  I opted for short natural nails but I went to the nail shop for color and manicures.  Then Covid came and I started doing my own manicures and pedicures and I use clear or natural colored nail polish.  In my life, I don't see long nails anymore.  They've just gone out of style here.  

Honored Contributor

The best length for me is fingertip length, like Amy Stran and Jennifer Coffey.   I am not a fan of long nails period.   

Esteemed Contributor

I like ‘em just a little bit past the end of my finger.

Several women at the office have really long ones and they can’t even type. I don’t know how they go to the bathroom

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have always had long, natural nails, my nails are my best feature, and I am very proud of them. always get compliments, some think they are fakes.  Get a pro mani every 2 weeks with regular polish. They are long but not over the top. 

Honored Contributor

I wear mine short, and well manicured.  I work on a computer all day and could never functions with long nails!

6CDBD6C5-1D44-4B24-89D4-5AB25049F492.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Ugh. Ever since we've all been using hand sanitizer 24/7 my poor hands have gone to the dogs. My fingers are cracked and bleeding. My nails are splitting and dry. I should take stock out on hand cream. So when it comes to doing my nails...I keep them cropped short. 

"Pure Michigan"