Honored Contributor

Re: Nail length what do you think looks the best......

No offense if you wear these, but I don't like the ones so long and shaped like spears on the end.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@ID2. I hear you.. Add the dry Winter cold  UpNorth and they all break off. I don't bother with polish at this time of year. Maybe a clear nail strengthener. I have nice  shaped natural nails in tbe summer. The right hand is always a bit shorter as I use it more. I have hand creams in the kitchen, Livingroom and bedroom and hands and nails still dry.

Honored Contributor

Why short nails are in fashion thanks to the coronavirus outbreak

Something similar to this: Short, no polish.

As I've said, I don't want to blind the dog.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet 

@chiclet wrote:

My preference for myself and what I think looks good on others is just to the end of the finger or a little past.  I think really long nails look like talons or claws and I wonder how you would get anything done with them that long.  I don't see many people with the long nails in real life but a lot on TV.  Just my opinion.  I was wondering what others think.

ITA.  I use to wear them long, but now just about like you stated. I was looking a Mally's and it doesn't look good anymore, but to each their own.

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I think long nails are not hygenic. Worked w/sugeon that did not allow any of his nuses,etc to have long nails.

When Covid came, I took all the long false one off.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet 

I don't like really long nails, but tend to wear mine a little longer around the holidays.

Most of the time, for me, it's less about the length, and more about getting them to all look about the same length!   

I have two nails that seem to break all the time .... and they ruin for all my other fingers!  LOL   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I wear my nails just past the end of my fingertips.  I always keep my nails trimmed and polished and use a variety of nail colors.

I hate artificial nails!  Many years ago I lived neighbors to a hair stylist who wanted to offer manicures to her customers.  She used me as her "trial and error customer" and applied long artificial nails.  I hated them.  They felt so heavy and it was hard to do anything with them on.  I couldn't wait to have them removed and have never worn them since, and never will.  

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

My preference for myself and what I think looks good on others is just to the end of the finger or a little past.  I think really long nails look like talons or claws and I wonder how you would get anything done with them that long.  I don't see many people with the long nails in real life but a lot on TV.  Just my opinion.  I was wondering what others think.

This would have been a nice topic for the Beauty forum @chiclet 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

All I can say is these dagger nails on TV are absolutely hideous.

Honored Contributor

I prefer to keep my nails short, sheer or clear polish.