Respected Contributor

Nail length what do you think looks the best......

My preference for myself and what I think looks good on others is just to the end of the finger or a little past.  I think really long nails look like talons or claws and I wonder how you would get anything done with them that long.  I don't see many people with the long nails in real life but a lot on TV.  Just my opinion.  I was wondering what others think.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Nail length what do you think looks the best......

[ Edited ]

i get mine done every 2 weeks. i keep them short and square. just past the tip of my finger.. i cant work with long nails..

Respected Contributor

I keep my nails very short.  They never get much longer than just past the nail bed.  I don't polish them either.  I do buff them. 

Trusted Contributor

I read somewhere that 1/4 inch from the flesh colored area to the tip is the perfect length.

Respected Contributor

@chiclet 

Whenever we go out for breakfast, whether at home, the shore, the mountains, it seems as though the really young waitresses have extremely long and pointed nails.  They are usually artistically done and take " center stage."

having had artificial nails for a short period of time, I know how hard it is to keep them clean.  I just hope the waitresses think cleanliness is important as they touch our food and plates.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I think long nails are not hygenic. Worked w/sugeon that did not allow any of his nuses,etc to have long nails.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I think long nails are not hygenic. Worked w/sugeon that did not allow any of his nuses,etc to have long nails.

I so agree. Years ago(1970's) when I worked as a nurse, it was not allowed.  Also, only a very light colored nail polish was allowed. Today, it seems, anything goes! A good friend of mine, who is an OB nurse(mom/baby) in the hospital(still working) and who went to school with me, now wears her nails long and dark colored. I once told her if I were her patient, I wouldn't want her to handle my new baby! (she agreed) but sometimes still wears long, dark nails!Woman Frustrated
"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

I think nails that are just slightly beyond the fingertips are the best.  They look nice and are easy to care for and don't hinder you in any way.  I know a woman who has the articificial ones which are very long and pointed.  I asked her how she does anything and she says --- oh, they don't bother me at all --- I'm used to them!  I don't see how she keeps from putting her own eyes out.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I think whatever the wearer likes looks best on them.

For myself it is just past the end of my fingers.  I am wearing the nails by necessity.  My own nails split chip and are easily snagged down to the quick.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

SHORT, all those long nails i just don't like.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.