Valued Contributor

Re: NO send off for hosts who have been on QVC for 19 + years????

After many years of management  DH was told the Monday of Thanksgiving week, years ago that he was no longer needed...when he got back from lunch.

Someone cleaned out his stuff for him and brought it to the parking lot.

They changed the job title and hired someone much younger for a lot less money.

Money is everything when belt tightening.

He never looked back.

@Krimpette wrote:

Many years ago when I was laid off, there was no party of any sort.  I had been with the company for about 40 years and I was an officer. They were "eliminating my job".

Honored Contributor

Contract employees fully understand that termination is always possible from the time they sign their name on the legal document.  

Both employees had a long run and most likely left in a better position than most; I seriously doubt they are whining about being terminated from their jobs.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

They were not FIRED!   Using that word in these circumstances is wrong, hurtful and disrespectful.  They were layed off.  There was a "reduction in force" and they were let go.  They didn't get a big send off because they didn't resign voluntarily or retire.  No company treats lay offs like it's something to be celebrated.  There's no cake and balloons when you walk into HR and they tell you it's over. It's done.  Here's your benefit package.  This is 2023.  They said their goodbye and thanked their fans on Facebook.  

Semantics...fired, laid off, reduction in force, let go.  

Honored Contributor

People are so naive about how big corporations work. What Q did is done every day. 

Start voting for politicians who put people before big corporate donors.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PhillyGirl23    I think my decision to stop watching Q after the "free shipping slap in the face" was a good one.  

This seems like another attempt to reel in the newbies with mostly the younger, louder hosts and letting go the ones we've loved for 30 yrs. 

I'm not sure about you, but I get the hint that the ones who have supported Q...well, we've been tossed under the bus along with some old timer hosts.

Fate of the Q? I'm still not watching, but read here about the repetition, loud, giggling shows, Jane's beauty Secrets (?!?!), Over 50, etc. 

It seems like Jane, Shawn, "Court" and a few others are doing a tag team channel. Nope, not for me anymore.

Valued Contributor

I understand the frustration of viewers over seeing long time hosts being unceremoniously shown the door.  It seems so disrespectful and sad but it is the way of the corporate world.

However, we have seen them do this over and over through the years.....Stacey, Gabrielle, Katie, Cathy P. to name a few and these hosts had young families which made it so much worse.

I’m sure Dan and Caroline will get good severance packages and be fine financially. Dan has talked about a farm in Indiana and Caroline and her husband just bought an RV so maybe she had a heads up.

Regular Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

How incredibly DISRESPECTFUL to fire hosts and not grant them the opportunity to say goodbye on air! They DESERVE a proper send-off!!!

They are gone and a host like Steve stays????? SERIOUSLY???

I'm surprised they haven't marked this thread as "cruel to a host" lol.  The mods on here seem to be closing everything left and right these days.  They lover the power!

Regular Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

They were not FIRED!   Using that word in these circumstances is wrong, hurtful and disrespectful.  They were layed off.  There was a "reduction in force" and they were let go.  They didn't get a big send off because they didn't resign voluntarily or retire.  No company treats lay offs like it's something to be celebrated.  There's no cake and balloons when you walk into HR and they tell you it's over. It's done.  Here's your benefit package.  This is 2023.  They said their goodbye and thanked their fans on Facebook.  

Yes, they were!

Honored Contributor

it has always been like that.....

get fired/"let go"......no advance notice,  no send off, no special show

leaving/retiring on their own accord if they are long time hosts..... usually a notice and a send off with a special show.....and CAKE!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

It's obvious many posters never worked for a large corporation and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Just so you know, when there's a major layoff, it's handled exactly the way QVC did it.🤷🏾‍♀️