Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@happycat wrote:

@Shanus, hope everything can go back to normal soon for you. Sounds like you are taking good care of everyone, your supper sounds good.

@happycatI was so bored this afternoon, I would have catered a banquet!!! I’ve been doing laundry/towels, etc. every day because they keep saying possible power outages. I have my trusty flashlight on my night table. 👍🏻

OH, goodness. That sounds like me when we have a snow flurry or a bit of sleet in the winter, I like to keep all the laundry done up just in case, lol. Keep that flashlight handy, you never know. Hopefully you won't need it, but at least you have it handy.

I kid you not, I would be going stir crazy by now, bless your heart.

Are most of the stores in your area still closed?  

@happycat  Yes, stores, restaurants...all closed up tight. Tomorrow I’m putting on a rain jacket and walking around my cul de sac and surrounding streets. Why? Used to at least 2-3 hr. work out and jumping out of my skin w/o any exercise. A little rain won’t hurt me. Still in high 70’s.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@happycat wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@happycat wrote:

@Shanus, hope everything can go back to normal soon for you. Sounds like you are taking good care of everyone, your supper sounds good.

@happycatI was so bored this afternoon, I would have catered a banquet!!! I’ve been doing laundry/towels, etc. every day because they keep saying possible power outages. I have my trusty flashlight on my night table. 👍🏻

OH, goodness. That sounds like me when we have a snow flurry or a bit of sleet in the winter, I like to keep all the laundry done up just in case, lol. Keep that flashlight handy, you never know. Hopefully you won't need it, but at least you have it handy.

I kid you not, I would be going stir crazy by now, bless your heart.

Are most of the stores in your area still closed?  

@happycat  Yes, stores, restaurants...all closed up tight. Tomorrow I’m putting on a rain jacket and walking around my cul de sac and surrounding streets. Why? Used to at least 2-3 hr. work out and jumping out of my skin w/o any exercise. A little rain won’t hurt me. Still in high 70’s.

I don't blame you a bit! I'd be doing the same thing. I'm just surprised that its not doing much, and the stores are still closed. Are they expecting you to get a lot more rain?

Valued Contributor

@Shanus While your Mother is strong will,and her body maybe weak,but her mind is strong, in the since she wants control in this situation,since at this stage she realize her limitations,but still wants to have some input.As your mother,she doesn't want you to see  the weakness of her body.

While her caregivers sees her weakness,as her daughter,she does not want you to see this. Patience has it limits, but realize she does not have this, she is still the Mother,and you are the child in her eyes, even if it's her best interest. 

This storm will past,and you will be stronger and the love and the care you have given  to your Mother, is the testimony of how well you were raised.

I say this cause I know as a  strong,( stubborn,) will person I will be giving my son's issues,even when they think they are in control.Be safe.

Honored Contributor

@GRACIE wrote:

@Shanus While your Mother is strong will,and her body maybe weak,but her mind is strong, in the since she wants control in this situation,since at this stage she realize her limitations,but still wants to have some input.As your mother,she doesn't want you to see  the weakness of her body.

While her caregivers sees her weakness,as her daughter,she does not want you to see this. Patience has it limits, but realize she does not have this, she is still the Mother,and you are the child in her eyes, even if it's her best interest. 

This storm will past,and you will be stronger and the love and the care you have given  to your Mother, is the testimony of how well you were raised.

I say this cause I know as a  strong,( stubborn,) will person I will be giving my son's issues,even when they think they are in control.Be safe.

@GRACIE  I know you’re right. She wasn’t an easy woman growing up, so has only gotten worse. Takes patience of Job to deal 24 hrs. taking care. If nothing else, it proves we did the right thing keeping her there after Dad died instead of moving her in w/ us. Cantankerous to say the least. 

My son, daughter and I signed a paper (no legal value) with my wishes after I’m left alone that I want to be in assisted living not live w/ DS or DD. When time comes, they’ll know what to do without any guilt. 

So far major flooding in low areas and around lakes, etc. Wilmington, NC and beach areas got the worst. We never lost power, but even without generator are all set w/ weeks of water, tubs filled to “flush” & lots of non-refrigerated foods. 

Appreciate your words of wisdom @GRACIE. 💝

Respected Contributor

Good that you have stockpiled water.  Our friends here from Wilmington just got a notice that water may be shut of within 24 hours there  - due to lack of fuel to run plant - and none can come in on the roads currently.  They are trying other means of transport, but are not optimistic.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Good that you have stockpiled water.  Our friends here from Wilmington just got a notice that water may be shut of within 24 hours there  - due to lack of fuel to run plant - and none can come in on the roads currently.  They are trying other means of transport, but are not optimistic.

@Isobel Archer  Yes, the weather coverage for the Wilmington area shows pitiful conditions. Hope you & your friends stay safe.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Isobel Archer  Yes, the weather coverage for the Wilmington area shows pitiful conditions. Hope you & your friends stay safe.

@Shanus

Just thought I would ask how you are doing today. Hope you are not in the floods path.

It just makes me sick to my stomach literally watching this on TV. So many peoples homes destroyed. It will take a long time to recover. How do people even begin to cope with no place to live or no job to go to for your paycheck?

I was glad to finally see it move up north but they were saying there could be flooding up to a week. 

I could not imagine that.

We have had a flood here, ice storms etc but we all made it thru ok but without damage to our home.

Stay Safe.

Frequent Contributor

i know my fur babies love me unconditionallly and i could never leave them. so glad you are safe. god bless and take care