Honored Contributor

Re: NO FORUMS...THE MOST SAD FOR....

@new nickname 4    I'm so glad you were able to get the sweater.  It's a beauty, nicest sweater at QVC.  I hope you enjoy wearing it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I better get caught up on all the recipes I missed. Some of the best things I ever made came off of here.

I also am thinking of all the money I am going to be saving by dropping the Q after shopping here since the beginning. The younger hosts do not keep me tuned in anyway. The older ones are the ones I like and I expect some of them will be leaving one of these days. My buying will cease and I do keep  new items coming every month. But, in their big world of finance, I am just a small fish in their big pond. Cancelling this fun site is the push I needed to cut ties with them. Adios, QVC and Good Luck (in a sarcastic tone I say.) Maybe they will soon see who and how many did the spending and kept them afloat all these many years.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Kachina624   I just canceled all shows set to record. I also had the package for a recent purchase that came within the 30 days. It's going back...$6.95 for the last time. I wrote on the return sheet, "NO FORUMS NO QVC NO PURCHASES. It felt like my protests in the 60's.

@Shanus    I must say your new mantra has a certain panache.  I like it and the boys in receiving are going to wonder what the heck it means.  We all need to make a statement. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus   @NicksmomESQ   @coffee drinker    The terse, unapologetic announcement is on a black banner at the top of the main forum page.  It was the manner of the announcement that made me furious.  The (mostly) men who run this outfit have no manners or sensitivity.  Poor, poor PR instincts. 

I've said it before, their most pressing need is an effective VP of Communications with the moxie to communicate with women.  People would have been understanding of the shipping issues if someone had explained the situation.  Instead we're kept guessing and customers are infuriated. 

@stevieb 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 

Every single day I look for your posts.  I enjoy so much

reading what you have to say.

I do not plan on joining Facebook, and I have prided myself on not having joined.

I have enjoyed a great deal about these forums--

I even talk about some of the things I have learned or

heard about with my husband.

In our society, it seems like the bottom line is what causes so many decisions to be made.

They must not want to keep moderators .  I doubt anyone cares what a lot of mostly older ladies think.  I am a cutomer here, however. 

I will definitely miss the chatting with so many nice people.

Contributor

All it takes is for one person to come in and ruin it all.
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  Well said. I fit into that catergory as I am now disabled and at home most of the time.

Honored Contributor

@HonestLife wrote:

You got it. It's the "Clique" mentality that has ruined Forums here.  I've been jumped on, called names, and treated horribly here. It's like living with an abuser..constantly on eggshells. Also "Forums" aren't viable in the world of progressive Social Media. 

@HonestLife 

Not sure in what specific forums you "got jumped on/called names, and treated horribly". 

I, as a male, have been around here at least 20 years, and 1 of the very few male contributors. People I gave met here usually do not just "jump" a person. What you said is your side of the story. So you said "good morning all" and you were jumped?  

Never saw any of your posts, that I know of anyways. And looking at your number of posts might be the reason why. If all this bothered you so much to write such words, why did you keep coming back.

"C'mon Be Happy" 🙂

hckynut(john) 🏒

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut, John, I want to sincerely say I am going to miss you.  We all will.  You have shared so much, have so much medical information and insights.  I can’t count the times you have helped everyone here with medical advice and so much more.

I’ve often felt we are like a big family here.  Throughout this pandemic, I (like countless others) have been at home a vast percentage of the time to keep safe.  We had one another here.  And I can’t tell you how much I have spent at the Q.  Over the years - not only for myself, but for gifts.  

And joining Facebook?  Are they kidding?  With all that has come out about Facebook, with more to come?  We are going there?  This new guy heading up QVC is sure tone deaf!  

Well, John, wishing you and  Cindy and the kitties all my best. 

Again, thank you for everything.  

Best wishes,

Pam

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Shanus   I made some wonderful friends on this forum. One of them is you. I'm going to really miss you 😘.

I learned so much on this forum. I met so many wonderful people. We shared so much .We laughed, cried & disagreed.We made some meaningful connections.

A couple of people I could have done without. But with the exception of their negativity I really have come to rely on these boards.

If QVC ends the forum then I too will be moving on. I won't support a network that pulls the rug out from so many of us.

@NicksmomESQ  I've enjoyed your friendship, too. I don't understand the reason the forums will be ending and no idea how to contact someone about this. I agree about the insensitivity of OVC and will definitely close my account before Nov. 2nd.