Respected Contributor

Re: NO FORUMS...THE MOST SAD FOR....

@Shanus wrote:

@KBEANS wrote:

I agree with you @Shanus. Many of the posters aka CUSTOMERS don't know how, are not familiar with and weary of or just don't want to join Facebook. I know I don't. It's a shame they are breaking up these bonds that connect us to each other and QVC. The Q wants the younger Facebook crowd, but they do not want QVC. Slap from the Q to their shopping base, which is us. Good bye my friend.

Well said @KBEANS . I wish I could hug everyone. Well BIG CYBER HUGS to you and all my friends here. 

Back atcha @Shanus .  Always LOVED reading your posts and hearing what you had to say.  You were helpful,  kind and protective of many.   I've been a Q customer since DAY ONE and on the boads a lot longer than shown under my name.  Sadly,  QVC continues to put blinders on and moves ahead with a very SHORT SIGHTED view.  Hugs to you and other familiar and appreicated people behind the many names I've enjoyed. xoxox

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Venezia   Can you go  to Beauty and help 

@monikakm ?

@Shanus - Wasn't sure what you meant by this?  I had a look at the Beauty forum, but couldn't see anything about @monikakm needing help?

Hopefully, whatever the issue was, it's been resolved by now.

@Venezia  She was having difficulty w/ the site. They may have taken it down. If I see it agian, I'll direct her to you or someone else. I'm "on", but not enjoying the hassle and the difficulty navigating there. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus - I think the new forum might be easier for me to navigate because it's very similar to one I belonged to years ago.  Not exactly the same, but near enough.

Stick with it.  It won't be long before you'll be comfortable with it, just as you were with this one after being on it for a while.

No one's going to expect you know how to do everything straight away and, just like here, others will also be asking for help.  The main thing is not to lose touch.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You are so encouraging @Venezia . I do have a question: Are there mods there to report trolls? There are several  "Ladies" here who are always on my bu*t. If they do that on the new site and no one intervenes, I'm out. I've endured over a decade of it here....same ones. Trolls/nasties, whatever.

Honored Contributor

To be clear:  trolls are the ones who catfish, not the ones who call it out.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12   Thanks for clarifying...shows how much I don't know. I'm referring to those here that seem to pop up every time I post something they can make a nasty comment about. So, not a troll, just not nice women. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus - My understanding is that the new forum has the "ignore" feature.  We used to have it on these forums until they revamped it in 2010 (or sometime after) and removed it.

You can just block anyone whose posts you don't want to see in future.  I'm glad that's back!

And, IMO, ignore them anyway!  Some people just get a kick out of being snarky or unpleasant.  They're not worth wasting your time on; don't take the bait and eventually they get tired and move on to someone else.

(And, yes, there are moderators.  If you look through the list of members, it shows against their names whether they're moderators or admin so you'll know who they are.)

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Shanus - My understanding is that the new forum has the "ignore" feature.  We used to have it on these forums until they revamped it in 2010 (or sometime after) and removed it.

You can just block anyone whose posts you don't want to see in future.  I'm glad that's back!

And, IMO, ignore them anyway!  Some people just get a kick out of being snarky or unpleasant.  They're not worth wasting your time on; don't take the bait and eventually they get tired and move on to someone else.

(And, yes, there are moderators.  If you look through the list of members, it shows against their names whether they're moderators or admin so you'll know who they are.)

@Venezia   Blocking would be helpful, but if I block a person's snarky post and others still can see them, the nasty comments compound. That's happened here.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus - Let's hope the moderators or admin on the new board don't allow personal attacks.  Disagreeing with a point of view is one thing, making it personal is another.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Shanus - Let's hope the moderators or admin on the new board don't allow personal attacks.  Disagreeing with a point of view is one thing, making it personal is another.

@Venezia   I so agree. As much as I'd like to be at the new site, if this bullying continues by the few here, that would be reason for me to discontinue and log out for good.