Honored Contributor

Re: NO FORUMS...THE MOST SAD FOR....

@lovesallanimals   We all had some contact along the years. It IS a real loss!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

I'm sure the Q never thought about anything or anyone except SALES and the dollar!

This is a sad day for those who are alone, need the connection, find solice on the Pet Forum, friendship on Among Friends,  the latest news on Community Chat, what to watch during the night when sleep does not come easy on Tv and Movies, have an issue with their skin and look for help on Beauty, come together on Fridays for wishes of a Shabbat Shalom and a safe weekend on Among Friends...my list can go on forever.

Each of us found a "home" here. QVC does not understand or listen to its customers. 

And @Shanus they never have... As far as them deciding 'they don't need this' @Pearlee, well, perhaps they'll find that we don't need them either...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

What percentage of their net profits does QVC spend on these boards? How much will they lose in the good will of those who can only express disappointment by shopping elsewhere? When QVC was a novelty I kept it on as background. As the Q,V, & C. were all but forgotten, I stopped watching on TV but I still checked the app. because I was on the boards daily and was able to easily go from one page to the other. When these boards are gone, I won't be checking the QVC website very often. Why should I?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shanus  Perhaps QVC did listen --- to the constant complainers on here and concluded "we don't need this."  

I agree it has become constant gripes and complaints.  Since we're not allowed to discuss anything of interest or importance, there are actually few posts so all the constant complaints stood out like a sore thumb. 

Perhaps they should have allowed us to discuss subjects of general interest and should have zapped many of the gripes?  It becomes tedious just reading them everyday. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Complainers are committed customers -- people who have enough investment in something to take the time to make their feelings known. We all have a friend or relative who complains a lot, but we don't necessarily question their attachment. 

I knew a guy in cloud storage sales who said he could usually count on his complainers to continue their contracts.

Complainers may be annoying at times, but they're better than customers who keep silent and just walk away.

QVC marketing knows this. What they don't know is that they are about to get rid of something whose value goes far beyond its contribution to the bottom line. 

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 OT for this post, but you had posted and also reviewed a southwestern sort of design sweater from Denim & Co a while ago.  I had it on my wish list, yesterday it was reduced and I bought it in blue.  Thanks for your recommendation.  And this is why these forums were great, QVC customers posted what they liked, I found it through you, and I made the purchase.  This will be missed.  

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

Complainers are committed customers -- people who have enough investment in something to take the time to make their feelings known. We all have a friend or relative who complains a lot, but we don't necessarily question their attachment. 

I knew a guy in cloud storage sales who said he could usually count on his complainers to continue their contracts.

Complainers may be annoying at times, but they're better than customers who keep silent and just walk away.

QVC marketing knows this. What they don't know is that they are about to get rid of something whose value goes far beyond its contribution to the bottom line. 

I agree with this.  We complain because we know it could be better, not because we want to go away.  And customers aren't stupid.  We know not everything will be addressed.  But it's good to commiserate and find out if others feel the same.  I think most have a mix of posts, like me, grievances and accolades both.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

What percentage of their net profits does QVC spend on these boards? How much will they lose in the good will of those who can only express disappointment by shopping elsewhere? When QVC was a novelty I kept it on as background. As the Q,V, & C. were all but forgotten, I stopped watching on TV but I still checked the app. because I was on the boards daily and was able to easily go from one page to the other. When these boards are gone, I won't be checking the QVC website very often. Why should I?

@Vivian    This action makes me think QVC is in diré straits financially.  If I was a stockholder, I'd be worried, very worried. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Vivian wrote:

@Vivian    This action makes me think QVC is in diré straits financially.  If I was a stockholder, I'd be worried, very worried. 

I can't imagine the forum costs much to maintain.  My sense is they think if we move to facebook, they can snatch new customers from our "friends", you know how the hosts say to "click like" in their facebook page.  They want customers to promote them.  But I don't think it will be the same in facebook.  Many of us share our troubles here.  That will not be happening in a facebook public page.  Too toxic a place.  No one will want to be exposed and targeted.  We feel more protected here.

So they will just take the nasty comments to facebook, and leave behind the real exchange of advice.