Honored Contributor
The Moody Blues-While cruising YouTube came across updated video of the group performing this classic favorite. One of the best groups ever. Certainly! Up there with the greatest love songs. Raise🍷to the classics.
Honored Contributor

Re: NIGHTS in WHITE SATIN 💽

[ Edited ]

not sure which video you came across, but will post this one here.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muzyOd4Lh8

and a slightly more recent version.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjUqfRrWwcM

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

"late lament......."

Breathe deep the gathering gloom,
Watch lights fade from every room.
Bedsitter people look back and lament,
Another day's useless energy spent.
Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,
Lonely man cries for love and has none.
New mother picks up and suckles her son,
Senior citizens wish they were young.
Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
Removes the colours from our sight.
Red is grey and yellow white,
But we decide which is right.
And which is an illusion???

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I love the origonal!  We played it non stop in college...in the boy's dorm!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Love, love, love Knights in White Satin.  It brings back a wonderful memory of a fantastic guy I was dating.  One day he picked me up at my house, drove me to his house and when we walked into the living room I couldn't believe what I saw.

In the middle of the room was a chair surrounded by speakers and I was directed to the chair.  Suddenly the room was filled with Knights in White Satin coming from all around me.  I can see it and hear it as I write this, it was amazing.  What a night that was.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

Went to a concert of theirs years ago.  Even better in person, but sure is nice to have the You Tube to refresh the memory.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Both versions have significance...personally, second life experience. My lessons with love hold more meaning with age. Of course, Both show the genius of Moody Blues! Rest is history. Thankfully forever.
Trusted Contributor

I see the original  was filmed in Paris just down the street from the Eiffel Tower. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never liked that song by them.  I do like Tuesday Afternoon and love Question.

Valued Contributor

The group has been on tour this summer in the U.S. for the anniversary tour of the album. I didn't have a chance to see them this time around.  They perform the entire album and then some other songs. Graham didn't want to mess up the speaking parts (past illness), so a familiar voice stepped in.

NIWS had to grow on me when I was a kid.  Tues Afternoon was my favorite back then. 

Thanks for the youtube links.