Trusted Contributor

ive had my car for 2 yrs and  i still never use the gadets.. just the normal radio etc. it came with my car, but dont need it, dont use it... i have a 2020 corolla.. 

Valued Contributor

You are lucky to have gotten a car- No one can get one here! There is a 6 mos wait on most vehicles because of the chip shortage

Everyone I know who has the Forrester loves it.

I turned in my Lexus last spring after a 3 yr lease and I never figured everything out- My husband now has a Lexus but is far savvier than I am,  is I don't know how to use many of the features on my new car either (Volvo SUV) lol

I do LOVE the heated steering wheel and seats and it's full of safety features 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEW CAR NEWS

[ Edited ]

I just got a new Jeep in November and I love it. I do enjoy all the bells and whistles and the only thing I don't like is that it has the option to kind of turn off almost when at a stop light but I press the button with the A and circle around it as soon as I start it so it doesn't do that. I hate that I have to do it every time as sometimes I forget and engine gets really quiet at a stop light and immediatlely hit that little button.

Enjoy your new car. Plug your phone in and it will sync with your car. 

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

I just got a new Jeep in November and I love it. I do enjoy all the bells and whistles and the only thing I don't like is that it has the option to kind of turn off almost when at a stop light but I press the button with the A and circle around it as soon as I start it so it doesn't do that. I hate that I have to do it every time as sometimes I forget and engine gets really quiet at a stop light and immediatlely hit that little button.

Enjoy your new car. Plug your phone in and it will sync with your car. 

@qvcfreak   I'm reading the booklet and learn as I drive. Yes, mine kind of "shook" if I was stopped too long at a light, etc. Stepping on the gas when ready to proceed ends it. DH says it's on there to save gas...1 minute at a red light saves that much gas to have a feature for that?

Trusted Contributor

Oh I would hate that.

Occasional Contributor

I just got a new Jeep too, in October.  Love it except for that turn off feature too...I always turn mine off as soon as I get in.  You would think you could permanently shut it off.   But other than that, I love my Jeep.  

Contributor

I bought a new Jeep last May.  I got used to those new bells and whistles very fast.

It's been in the body shop for two months after I got hit on the passenger side. Waiting on a new door, parts are taking forever to come in.  The rental car doesn't have any of the extras, just when I could us the heated seats and  wheel.      

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  I didn't know it saved gas but either way I don't like it. Enjoy your new car, soon you will be a master with all the do hickeys. 

Esteemed Contributor

@1Kels wrote:

I bought a new Jeep last May.  I got used to those new bells and whistles very fast.

It's been in the body shop for two months after I got hit on the passenger side. Waiting on a new door, parts are taking forever to come in.  The rental car doesn't have any of the extras, just when I could us the heated seats and  wheel.      

Oh no, that's terrible. And dang, 2 months. I did wait 6/7 months to get my Jeep. But I love it. 

Honored Contributor

@1Kels wrote:

@1Kels   Sorry to hear that. Yes, getting parts is a pain, but hope you didn't get injured...most important.