Honored Contributor

Re: NEED REC. FOR A NEW VACUUM CLEANER

I love my Miele canister.  They are expensive, but they last and last.  I had my last one over 20 years.  It still works perfectly, but I ruined the floor tools by running it over something sticky.  Since it was so old I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a new floor tool and bought a new Miele canister.  I expect this one to last for a very long time.  I have pets, too, and this is very good for pet hair.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

My Oreck is 15 yrs. old and works great. I take it in yearly for maintenance. When I replace it I will be getting a Shark. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a Shark Rocket, the pet version, I love the thing. The ONLY things I don't like about is that collection bin is small so it has be emptied constantly, & the unit is top heavy so if you need to stop vacuuming for some reason, you need to turn it off & lay it on the floor or lean it against something. This isn't a phrase that I ever thought I'd be uttering, but I love vacuuming with my Rocket.

Esteemed Contributor

I embarrassed myself many years ago at the repair shop when I had to be shown how to get hair off the beater brush.  Now I unscrew the bottom and cut hair off myself.  It can burn up the motor.  

Super Contributor

I have two cats and a dog and I love my cordless Dyson V6. It's an absolute workhorse and the hepa filter captures all of the dust so I don't have an asthma attack every time I vacuum.

Trusted Contributor

@sgraham30 wrote:

I have a Shark Rocket, the pet version, I love the thing. The ONLY things I don't like about is that collection bin is small so it has be emptied constantly, & the unit is top heavy so if you need to stop vacuuming for some reason, you need to turn it off & lay it on the floor or lean it against something. This isn't a phrase that I ever thought I'd be uttering, but I love vacuuming with my Rocket.

Ha this is me too. I love the Rocket Pet and thought the thrill of using it would wear off since I have vacuuming. And I really love it because I have carpeted stairs. Sooo much easier now.

I think the only thinkg you have to get used to is the weight being at the top if that's an issue for anyone.

Honored Contributor

I have a Dyson and wouldn't buy one again.   It's ok, no complaints.  I just think it's way overpriced.  I've used a Shark and it works a lot better.

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I have a Dyson and wouldn't buy one again.   It's ok, no complaints.  I just think it's way overpriced.  I've used a Shark and it works a lot better.

I agree @CalminHeart.  I've had both myself, I prefer my Rocket to the Dyson, it cleans much better than the Dyson did.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had an Oreck for years and love it.

Esteemed Contributor

I swear by my Dysons and get a workout. I have two GSD's and they shed all year. I am very pleased with the brand and that it exceeds the warranty. Our kids like Shark . They also have dogs. I will always have a Dyson because I like the substantial filters that you can wash and the attachments that are useful and made well.

I''m a person that likes to purchase an item once and have it last and last. It all depends on your budget and your cleaning needs.