Esteemed Contributor

NEED REC. FOR A NEW VACUUM CLEANER

Well my Dyson stopped working the other day.  The beater bar at the bottom is no longer turning, and when using the hose, I get very little suction.  I bought this from QVC years ago, maybe 8 or 9 years.  It worked okay when it did run.  My only complaint about it was that the container would fill up quickly.  I have two dogs and a lot of pet hair.

Anyone love their vacuum and can give me some suggestions?  I like having the hose attachment to get under the cabinets in the kitchen.  Thank you for your replies.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEED REC. FOR A NEW VACUUM CLEANER

Me too. My old Oreck, has to be at least 10 -12 years old, probably even older, works like a charm but the cord has electrical tape wound around it in at least 8 places. No matter which vac you read reviews about it's confusing as every single one gets excellent ratings and bad ratings. Hard to know which to believe.

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirlIf your Oreck is still running well, why not take it into a small appliance replace place and have them simply replace the cord? It shouldn't be an expensive repair, but will provide a safer vacuum for you.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips, we just recently bought the Shark Navigator, and really like it, we have an English Bulldog that sheds something awful, and it really picks up his hair!

Honored Contributor

Shark Rocket.  Sucks up hell & pet hair. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Ohh, I didn't realize I could take it to any old small appliance repair place, thought it would have to be an Oreck place and for me the drive to the 2 I'm aware of are drives I don't want to make. Up until about a year ago there was an Oreck place about 5 min from me but they closed. Going to google and see where close to me I could take it. Thanks!

@BirkiLady wrote:

@shaggygirlIf your Oreck is still running well, why not take it into a small appliance replace place and have them simply replace the cord? It shouldn't be an expensive repair, but will provide a safer vacuum for you.

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips... I have now replaced both of my Dysons with Sharks. I think you may be happy with which ever model best suits your needs. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for your suggestions.  I will be looking in Walmart or Amazon because I need one ASAP!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips

Don't forget BBB & their 20% discount as well as their "no expiration date returns."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Puppy LipsI had a Dyson, but i was never happy with it. 

Bought a Bissell. Didn't like it.

I had to use my MIL's Shark Rotator Powered Lift Away Speed Vacuum (NV681).

It is like a Ferrari. I love it so much!

I got mine at Kohl's with a 30% off (APPLE30 right now) & then you get Kohl's Cash.

It is light, easy to steer, easy to use the wand (You can use it with a short or long handle). it has a long cord. It's easy to dump the canister. 

I have 2 dogs & 5 grandsons, so I vacuum a lot.