Trusted Contributor

Re: NEED REC. FOR A NEW VACUUM CLEANER

@sgraham30 wrote:

I have a Shark Rocket, the pet version, I love the thing. The ONLY things I don't like about is that collection bin is small so it has be emptied constantly, & the unit is top heavy so if you need to stop vacuuming for some reason, you need to turn it off & lay it on the floor or lean it against something. This isn't a phrase that I ever thought I'd be uttering, but I love vacuuming with my Rocket.

I don’t know if yours is the same Shark Rocket (stick) with DuoClean, or if you have an upright version. Shark now has so many models. But I agree with you on the small collection cup and I sure wish it would stand up on its own. Those are my only complaints since it's a real workhorse on carpets and hard floors alike. Unlike my Bissell Air Ram (which was cordless and quieter) the Rocket converts to a hand vacuum, too.  Very convenient for cleaning the furniture. 

Do the Shark uprights like Navigator stand up on their own when the canister is removed? My old Dyson Animal did, but it died during home renovations. I didn’t stop cleaning up dry wall dust in time to clean it out well. 

Honored Contributor

Depends on what kind of carpet you have.  I LOVE my Shark Rotator but it has a hard time moving on any kind of the newer "ultra plush carpeting".  I bought a room carpet and no matter which I had on (beater bar/no beater bar) it was almost impossible to move.  But worked great on my older regular carpet.  It's a GREAT machine!

If I get another vacuum, I'm choosing the Kenmore Elite Crossover Ultra Vacuum 10335, for regular or ultra plush carpet (Amazon has it).....   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@sgraham30 wrote:

the unit is top heavy so if you need to stop vacuuming for some reason, you need to turn it off & lay it on the floor or lean it against something.

@sgraham30

No you don't.  You remove the top part & slip it on the holding handle located on the bottom front. 

Screen_Shot_2018-11-11_at_Sun__Nov_11__2018-6_50_57_PM.png

The vac remains upright alone w/o leaning on something.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Shark products.....

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Puppy Lips

Don't forget BBB & their 20% discount as well as their "no expiration date returns."

@Mz iMac -- thanks, I will have to check into that.  I don't shop there often, but I do get the coupons.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@Puppy LipsI had a Dyson, but i was never happy with it. 

Bought a Bissell. Didn't like it.

I had to use my MIL's Shark Rotator Powered Lift Away Speed Vacuum (NV681).

It is like a Ferrari. I love it so much!

I got mine at Kohl's with a 30% off (APPLE30 right now) & then you get Kohl's Cash.

It is light, easy to steer, easy to use the wand (You can use it with a short or long handle). it has a long cord. It's easy to dump the canister. 

I have 2 dogs & 5 grandsons, so I vacuum a lot.

Thanks for the info!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac. Check out the return policy at BBB. I think they changed it. From what I understand, if you have your receipt, you have up to one year to get a refund. Again, I'm not sure but I think it has changed, as of this past summer.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Regular Contributor

I have the Shark Power Liftaway and it is the BESt vacuum ever. Hated the Oeck upright- would not suck up a piece of lint!

My BF has her 2nd Dyson, and both are not worth the money, nor did they clean as well as the Shark. She now has a Roomba and a Shark.

The lift away comes with all kinds of attachments including a small rotating brush head for stairs and upholstery.

Honored Contributor

@Coquille

Yes you are correct.  At the time I posted, I had not realized BBB change in return policy.   I actually found out this past Monday (11/12) when I went to their store.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif