Honored Contributor

N.J. Gov has not lifted the mask mandate, which includes Walmart.  Says the "state is not ready."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac   Neither has NY.

Respected Contributor

@spent2much   The doctors and scientists have pointed out that the unvaccinated and unmasked individuals are just putting themselves at risk. Not those of us who have been vaccinated. I went to Publix today. All employees were wearing masks and I estimate that about 90% of the customers were wearing masks. I have been fully vaccinated since February but it will be awhile before I feel comfortable enough to go into stores and other places of business without wearing a mask. We have been doing this for over a year and so far it has kept us safe. It is hard to just turn this off because someone tells us it is OK now. 

Super Contributor

@stevieb I guess I am clueless...what is this "g" word?

Honored Contributor

@Memebell  Uh, think another word for 'fuel', but you didn't hear it here... Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I don't get it.  Even if those who have been vaccinated probably would not be seriously affected, they still could get Covid and pass it on.  At least until that magic number of 70% is reached masks should need to be worn in crowds and indoors where no one knows who is vaccinated!  It seems that the future hospitalizations will go up shortly and then as the vaccines need boosters it will start all over again.  We've come this far so why take the chance too soon! 

Respected Contributor

I'm thinking a lot of non vaccinated people will be taking off their masks. No one will be policing them to make sure if they are or aren't. I get my second vac. on the 25th and will continue to wear a mask until I feel comfortable without it.

Respected Contributor

Our local mask mandates have been lifted but many stores have kept up their signs on the doors saying it was mandatory to wear them while in their stores. I have no problem with that; if a store wants me to wear a mask to protect their workers, I will comply. When I was walking into one yesterday, I was putting on my mask as directed by a sign on the door and another shopper said she wasn't wearing a d**n mask any longer. I wanted to tell her that I didn't really mind whether she wore one or not but decided I didn't want to get into that discussion with a complete stranger. Sad times we live in 

Honored Contributor

Less than 1/3 of my state has been vaccinated. 

Even if you are vaccinated, you can carry covid and pass it to someone else. I have no desire to pass it on to my 90 yr old dad. He's been vaccinated but any illness could take him down. 

I don't trust my health to strangers because I don't know who has done the right thing and was vaccinated.  I'll continue wearing a mask for a while.

Trusted Contributor

I think this will change when the numbers go back up which I think they will. 

More people have not been vaccinated than have been.  Remember that when you go out and see how many are maskless.  I am betting most will be.

I too have been vaccinated and if anyone wanted to see proof, I have no problems showing it as I am proud of the fact that I did the responsible thing.