Trusted Contributor

@tiny 2  We are on the same page. I am a former RN as well,. I had to retire early due to  my own medical issues. I wish you the best of luck.

Super Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@PreKteacher wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@PreKteacher wrote:

Demand for vaccinations has been steadily dropping over the last month. Reluctant vaxxers are not going to be convinced to get their shots if they have to continue to wear a mask anyway. 

On the other hand, @PreKteacher, they won't get one because they won't feel compelled to do so if they don't have to wear a mask anyway.

@suzyQ3  @PreKteacher 

Really, I have no belief that ‘reluctant vaxxers’ will be convinced 

to get vaccinated for any reason.

If they're old, nothing will convince them. If they're young, this is already making a difference. I personally know of several young adults and teens who decided to schedule their vaccinations after hearing the news that vaccinated individuals can ditch the masks. My son gets his first shot tomorrow, but he would not have bothered if he had to continue wearing a mask even after being fully vaccinated. Now, he's hoping the 5 weeks until being fully vaccinated passes quickly! Smiley Wink

@PreKteacher 

I feel You might want to examine your personal “biases”.

My Father is a 94 year old, WWII Veteran.  He was in the first cohort to be vaccinated.  His only reluctance wat that he was taking a vaccine that a younger person could have.  We insisted.

He has worn a MASK and socially distanced since the first enticing of such.  Ageism is attractive.

I'm pretty sure you didn't read through the whole thread to see that this was specifically addressing anti-vaxxers. Your 94-year-old father is obviously not an anti-vaxxer so your comment is totally irrelevent.