Esteemed Contributor

I am just gonna keep wearing my mask regardless. We sure are living in some crazy times. 

Honored Contributor

I think store and restaurant employees will continue to be masked to create an "inviting environment" for customers.

Respected Contributor

@busymom22 wrote:

@spent2much wrote:

@Meowingkitty  Does anyone know how they are going to determine whether a person has been vaccinated???

Truth is this means everyone will go maskless but no one will really know who is vaccinated.  Half of the population still isn't .  I first learned of Walmart's decision from an acquaintance on FB who is vehemently anti-vaxx.  She said she can't wait to roam the aisles mask-free.

A shame,  your friend will only be hurting herself because if she truly is not vaccinated then she is still a candidate to get seriously ill and continue to spread the virus to others who are not vaccinated and children who still can't. 

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  Many stores are allowing employees to go maskless, as early as today.  Costco is allowing that, if the employee signs an "opt out" form, saying they were vaccinated.  Again, the honor system.

Honored Contributor

Re: NC GOV. : NO MASKS

[ Edited ]

It all kind of doesn't make sense if the scientists, and "experts" are following statistics, from those vaccinated, to breakthru infections, to those hospitalized, those dead.

I think they (cdc Fauci etc) are doing what many of our country demand and economically beneficial on and on.

Nothing to do with common sense or safety. To appease "the roar of the crowd." and big business and small business manufactureers etc.

But hey lets whoo hoo and high five and just hope to h... it doesn't all go back to H. and a handbasket.

To me it's the same as when they criticised people who went to beaches and parties and concerts unmasked. How is it not the same now. Oh wait-we're vaccinated (or not)!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@ECBG  Many stores are allowing employees to go maskless, as early as today.  Costco is allowing that, if the employee signs an "opt out" form, saying they were vaccinated.  Again, the honor system.

———————

I have to admit being surprised by this. I thought employers would want to see a vaccine card.

Honored Contributor

I think most people accept that there ARE medical reasons for which some people cannot get vaccinated.  TBH, I don't know anything about that but I accept that it is a fact.   I don't think anybody is blaming those folks for anything at all.

The problem is that the vast majority are people who just don't want to do it - for one reason or another, many of which are based in conspiracy theories and other pol bs.   

The problem with that is that this will continue to grow and mutate into various strains that we won't get control over as long as there are so many who refuse to participate in trying to eradicate it.

So, as there are more and more strains allowed to develop, there will be more problems with efficacy of vaccines and around and around it goes.  

Honored Contributor

California has not lifted restrictions; nor has L.A. County. So our Trader Joes will continue to require masks.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I noticed today in my small town Wal-Mart that the employees still wore masks and signs down requiring one and  not handing them out at the door. Three fourths of the shoppers still wore them. We have a population surge in the summer with many out of state visitors to WI.  I never wore them outside but will continue to wear one inside for awhile.

My Chiropractor called me last night to tell me his  Pregnant wife tested positive for Covid.  He was contacting his patients seen in the week and week before. She just delivered a baby boy. He said not to worry about a test unless I had symptoms. I completed both shots in April and feel fine.

I also heard  yesterday the paid Assistant Animal Shelter Director refused to wear a mask and has  refused to get the shot. The Shelter Board President had to inform her she must wear a mask. The Shelter is still open only by appointment.

Non vaccinated people are out and amoung us and who knows who is vaccinated and not? I am not chancing getting sick,  even mild  Covid symptoms if I can help it, so will wear a mask ,as my choice.

Honored Contributor

Nothing good will come from any of this.  Woman Frustrated