Esteemed Contributor

Re: My world is complete now......

When I visited Ireland we actually had whisky served on top of our oatmeal!!  I kid you not, they do that over there for breakfast and it was the best oatmeal ever Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

I taste vodka!  I love Gray Goose or Reyka martinis and often have one when I get that rare day when off the next day.Smiley Happy

You must be drinking it plain. I HAVE to have some kind of juice in there. It makes it 1/2 vodka and 1/2 juice....less chance of my falling off the bar stool. Last time I ordered my delicious COSMO (about a year ago LOL), the waiter asked about Gray Goose, a few others, etc. I was like "DUH"......it's all the same to me. I know.... It's  embarrassing!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG 

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

I taste vodka!  I love Gray Goose or Reyka martinis and often have one when I get that rare day when off the next day.Smiley Happy

You must be drinking it plain. I HAVE to have some kind of juice in there. It makes it 1/2 vodka and 1/2 juice....less chance of my falling off the bar stool. Last time I ordered my delicious COSMO (about a year ago LOL), the waiter asked about Gray Goose, a few others, etc. I was like "DUH"......it's all the same to me. I know.... It's  embarrassing!!! 

@Shanus 

I sip very cold very slowly.  As far as a cosmo or other drinks that have several ingredients, a less expensive vodka works equally as good and an expensive choice, which in that case, is excessive.  The bar wanted extra revenue.

When we went to Greensboro for our teaching conferences, after a day of classes we came back to the room and mixed a cosmo before our dinner reservations.  We had a Bone Fish next door and an Outback across the two lane road in the mall parking lot.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   So, do I sound cheap and respond to use the lowest priced vodka they have? Love our Bonefish Grill!! That's where I can get my lobster tails....and my cosmo. They start laughing when I come in....know I'm a 'lightweight". I enjoy sitting at the bar...lots of talking and enjoy all the "doings". You can hear some great jokes, gossip and BS siting on a bar stool. My favorite bartender rolls up a few bar towels around the "foot bar" making it higher so my feet don't dangle. He gets an extra tip. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG   So, do I sound cheap and respond to use the lowest priced vodka they have? Love our Bonefish Grill!! That's where I can get my lobster tails....and my cosmo. They start laughing when I come in....know I'm a 'lightweight". I enjoy sitting at the bar...lots of talking and enjoy all the "doings". You can hear some great jokes, gossip and BS siting on a bar stool. My favorite bartender rolls up a few bar towels around the "foot bar" making it higher so my feet don't dangle. He gets an extra tip. 

@Shanus 

No, you don't sound cheap at all!  A mixed drink is a mixed drink.  If the two were side by side, there is no difference.  Using Grey Goose for a cosmo would be excessive.  Most people haven't figured it out.

My DIL was a bartender when she was in college.  She would never deceive anyone, but some did ask for premium that did get masked by other ingredients.

Save a stool for me!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Anyhoo - OP I haven't seen this yet - looks good!!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

No, you don't sound cheap at all!  A mixed drink is a mixed drink.  If the two were side by side, there is no difference.  Using Grey Goose for a cosmo would be excessive.  Most people haven't figured it out.

My DIL was a bartender when she was in college.  She would never deceive anyone, but some did ask for premium that did get masked by other ingredients.

Save a stool for me!Smiley Happy

@ECBG   Of course, a seat next to me....You'll have a blast seeing me after one drink. 

Esteemed Contributor

pic

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

When I visited Ireland we actually had whisky served on top of our oatmeal!!  I kid you not, they do that over there for breakfast and it was the best oatmeal ever Smiley Happy

Best thing I ever had in Ireland was top shelf Jameson's mixed with cranberry juice!

Super Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

No other words needed.......

20210403_151219.jpg

YUM! 🍦🍨🍧