Honored Contributor

Re: My way of finding peace and being mindful ... Try it! You might find this works for you too....

Oh, good. I thought you were going to say, 'have a nice cup of hot tea.' I hate tea. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: My way of finding peace and being mindful ... Try it! You might find this works for you too....

I like this post.  It's a great reminder to count our blessings.  We sang a song in church when I was little that said ..".count your blessings...... name them one by one".  It works!!!  

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I like this post.  It's a great reminder to count our blessings.  We sang a song in church when I was little that said ..".count your blessings...... name them one by one".  It works!!!  

Praise and thanksgiving are some of the best ways to find peace in times like this.

Honored Contributor

Journeling is the bee's knees!

Honored Contributor

I have to say that my participation in these forums has helped me stay focused and count my blessings.  There have been so many touching posts over the years of issues with elderly parents, husbands, children, siblings, personal health, etc. that have made quite an impact on me.  I have prayed for the needs of complete strangers more than ever before, and smiled many times over with the sharing of good news.  I have always been proud of the family I was born into, and thankful for all they have taught me, either thru personal experiences, or by legacy, but my pride and thankfulness has truly deepened after reading stories of the life  experiences of other posters.  I now totally realize the meaning of contentment in the same way I saw it on my Grandpa's face as he sat in his chair on the front porch, smoking his pipe, and looking over the farm at the end of a long day.  In a few months I will turn 60, and can honestly say I am happy, content, totally fulfilled and blessed in more ways than I deserve.  

Honored Contributor

The book, "Simple Abundance" was very popular back in the days of the Oprah Book Club.  I remember it being life changing. I haven't read it in years, but I do keep a gratitude journal and often think of the things I learned from that book.

Thank you for the reminder. I might just find my copy, dust it off, and read it again.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Hello >k of the k,<

I appreciate your hearted send when reading MY opinion yesterday, and have absolutely no idea why the assessment on selected forum with comments. Also I do not understand why 'nic'- had too many spaces and yours is about the same with SPACES.  

Was formerly _Not an easy sale.

Absolutely took a long time time in choosing that name. My best to you.  Quite an interesting poster! I should say (IN my opinion!) 

NAES

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I have to say that my participation in these forums has helped me stay focused and count my blessings.  There have been so many touching posts over the years of issues with elderly parents, husbands, children, siblings, personal health, etc. that have made quite an impact on me.  I have prayed for the needs of complete strangers more than ever before, and smiled many times over with the sharing of good news.  I have always been proud of the family I was born into, and thankful for all they have taught me, either thru personal experiences, or by legacy, but my pride and thankfulness has truly deepened after reading stories of the life  experiences of other posters.  I now totally realize the meaning of contentment in the same way I saw it on my Grandpa's face as he sat in his chair on the front porch, smoking his pipe, and looking over the farm at the end of a long day.  In a few months I will turn 60, and can honestly say I am happy, content, totally fulfilled and blessed in more ways than I deserve.  

LOVE this post! I ask God to let me be a blessing to someone each day..! Makes a big difference!!!!!!! Counting our blessings is a big help, so many have struggles, in many ways..! You are a blessing!Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West