Respected Contributor

My walmart package went for a long trip......

I ordered from Walmart and it went from Atlanta walmart to

Dallas Tx, Hutchins Texas, Morton Illinois, Ocala Fl, Orlando Fl, Jacksonville Fl and hopefully to me next.... 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My walmart package went for a long trip......

Your package traveled more than I have in three years!  

Respected Contributor

Hope you didn't order perishables.

Respected Contributor

Once a package from QVC left PA and went a little south, I think around Tennessee.  But then sling shot all the to the Northwest, like Washington State or Oregon.  Then came all the way back to PA, left PA again and finally made it to my door.

Honored Contributor

I don't claim to understand how most 'things' work in life, especially how the mail system works.

But my pea brain stays in a state of confusion (to the point of almost smokin') trying to understand why it is that I can order something from Amazon and receive it in maybe 3-4 days (usually 3).

Yet it takes weeks to get something from QVC.

To coin a phrase I used when I was a slim teenager..."It is what it is".....

Honored Contributor

We can thank FedEx for the trip around the country.  I have one traveling right now from Walmart.

I keep asking Walmart to switch back to UPS.  I see they are using both companies now, but all my orders are being delivered by FedEx so far.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I don't claim to understand how most 'things' work in life, especially how the mail system works.

But my pea brain stays in a state of confusion (to the point of almost smokin') trying to understand why it is that I can order something from Amazon and receive it in maybe 3-4 days (usually 3).

Yet it takes weeks to get something from QVC.

To coin a phrase I used when I was a slim teenager..."It is what it is".....

@Annabellethecat66 

Hello Sweetie!  There is a new amazon warehouse near our airport.  If I order something they have I get my order within hours, if my item is in a distant warehouse, those items take several days.

I'll bet you have an amazon warehouse near you.  If you see the amazon trucks they deliver from your warehouse.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ECBG  Actually there is supposed to be a huge warehouse or something (offices) going up in Crystal City.  It is located near the Pentagon which is pretty close to me.

I don't know if it (whatever 'it is) functional yet.

I used to get things (a kerosene heater) the same day.  That was before the Crystal City place was announced.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish Walmart would stop using FEDEX too...