Contributor

My son was admitted to hospital last night

Just wanted to give everyone an update....we had a very bad night last night.  Husband and I went over to his apartment, well, he was really acting strange, dancing around, very hyper, and wouldn't listen to reason.  We tried to take him to the emergency room, we put him in the car, under the assumption that we were going to get some dinner, and drove to the ER.  Well, as soon as I went in to get some help, he jumped out of the car and ran.  We finally caught up with him, and when he was a little calmer, went back to his apartment.  He refused to go to the hospital.  When we could see the situation was not going to improve, I called an ambulence and they took him to the ER, without his permission.  He is there now, and I think will be transferred to another hospital.

They think he was having a maniac episiode, bi-polar.

I am so scared right now, it was the absolute worst night of my life.  Need some encouragement, he is very angry at me, I was crying, but I think I did the right thing.  He is safe right now.

Honored Contributor

Re: My son was admitted to hospital last night

I think you did the right thing and when he is a little clearer minded he will agree.

Honored Contributor

That has to be so rough on you. Do what needs to be done like letting his employer he won't be in.

Esteemed Contributor

@shoppinggirl12, you absolutely did the right thing.  Thank heavens you intervened before he got himself into some serious trouble.  Good for you for listening to that inner voice.  Well done mom.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoppinggirl12   Yes, you did the right thing!! I would have done it too.Your son needed help.He could have hurt himself & others.You’re a wonderful loving caring mother.Sometimes as moms we have to make unpopular choices for the safety of our children.

Someday your son will realize that you saved him. Meanwhile he is safe & getting the help he desperately needed.Give yourself a break.

Please come back & give us an update when you can.Good luck!! 💐

Valued Contributor

You did the right thing and he will know it some day!

Hope things get better soon!

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry for you and hubby.

You did what was right for your son.  When he is more himself he will thank you both.

Jamma

Contributor

Thank you everyone.

I am just sitting here, feeling so sad.  I know people live with bi-polar everyday and there are treatments, but I am feeling lost.

Honored Contributor

Yes you did the right thing, now he will get the help he needs.  When he is diagnosed and treated he will be able to think clearly, reason clearly and be glad you helped him.  It will take time.  Now is the time you need to contact the hospitals person that can get him Medicaid and mostly likely they will back dated it to cover all the cost.  God bless you and your family.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I am so sorry, but  you absolutely did the right thing. With proper treatment I hope he is feeling better soon and is able to return to a good life ahead.

Take care of yourself too.