Honored Contributor

My son just sent me a text that they will be getting married in June and going to the Bahamas.I am so excited for them.They aren’t having a wedding but will have a family get together when they return.

Respected Contributor

Very sensible of them.  Best wishes and congratulations to the happy couple and to you.

Respected Contributor

@dex  Congratulations!

My son and daughter-in-law were married a few years ago and honeymooned in the Fiji islands.  And now I have a precious grandchild that I adore.

Best wishes and safe travels for them!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Congratulations!  They sound like a very sensible couple.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the good wishes.I am really happy for them.They couldn’t afford to have a wedding and a honeymoon so they asked family if we would be upset if they skipped the wedding and just had a small family get together later.I think it is a great idea.

Honored Contributor

To all of you, how nice!

https://animatedimagepic.com/image/congratulations/congratulations-6341.gif

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to your son and future daughter-in-law. 🥂

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincessThere will soon be a new Mr and Mrs. in Oklahoma...hopefully the family will grow one day soon.I am looking forward to being a grandma.I know I shouldn’t get ahead of everything but all of my friends are grandparents and I am beyond excited for my turn.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@OKPrincessThere will soon be a new Mr and Mrs. in Oklahoma...hopefully the family will grow one day soon.I am looking forward to being a grandma.I know I shouldn’t get ahead of everything but all of my friends are grandparents and I am beyond excited for my turn.

Well let’s dont get the cart before the horse but when you become grandma you may have to move closer to grand baby. 🙀

Esteemed Contributor

That’s wonderful news congratulations 🍾!!

If you’re ok with not being at the ceremony that’s good. I have one child & would be very upset if he got married without me & DH at the ceremony. Thankfully, he promised me that he would not do that.We are a very close family of which his girlfriend & her parents are now a part of.