Esteemed Contributor

Re: My shoulder is sore from flu shot

My husband and I got our flu shots a couple of weeks ago. My arm was sore for a day. My husband's arm and shoulder hurt like crazy for many days. I read that if the person injecting the vaccine hits a ligament or tendon, there can be lots of trouble. My husband has finally begun to complain less about the pain but he clearly had an abnormal reaction.

Respected Contributor

My husband and I got our flu shots at Walgreen's yesterday.  I only needed the flu shot and I had no problem at all.   My arm isn't even sore at the injection site.  

My husband received both the flu and pneumonia vaccine and he said his arm was sore both yesterday and it is still a little sore today.    He told the pharmacist to give both injections in the same arm.   I told him it might have been better if he had divided them between arms.  

Honored Contributor

No more soreness now.  Just an FYI follow up.  

Honored Contributor

Years ago - my doctor's nurse told me to do some arm exercises after the flu shot to prevent muscle soreness.

I dug out my 3 lb weights and used them - worked great.

Respected Contributor

A post about a flu shot??? 

Yes, typically your arm will be sore! 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

@Tinkerbell3, I'd not like people suggesting that any of my topics are unworthy. Here is where we can talk about almost anything, including daily stuff like this.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I received my flu shot on Friday and my arm is still sore.

I am going to wait until next next week to get my shingles shot.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

@Tinkerbell3 

Judging by the number of responses, I'd say a lot of people were interested in a post about a flu shot. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

Have been gett8ng this shot for years.This time she put in at the very top of my arm.It did not hurt,but later it did.Got very sore swallow very hot.Never before had this happen.

Its been two days better but won't got back where I got it.I should have gone to my Dr.!

Honored Contributor

@hckynut My husband had to do those shots in the tummy for about 6 months and I felt SO bad for him!  He was so happy to go to pills.

And I am a firm believer that some years the shots hurt because of the formula and some years not; although who gives them makes a difference as well.

Like if you go to the grocery store and the guy stops puting out turnips and gives you the shot, might hurt a little more!  Woman Very HappyWoman Wink

One year my arm hurt like crazy, it would wake me up at night.  Husband says "Oh it's just a little shot."  Well, guess who was up at night whining about his arm a week later?"  Yep!  But it was just a little shot!  Woman Tongue