Honored Contributor

Re: My shoulder is sore from flu shot

@elizabethl123 wrote:

IM 91 I NEVER HAD A FLU SHOT  AND NEVER HAD THE FLU 

I never get flu shots either.  I haven't had the flu since I was in college back in the mid 1970s.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@elizabethl123 wrote:

So?

By the way, lose the caps. On social media it's considered shouting and I don't think anyone is in the mood to be yelled at.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@elizabethl123 wrote:

So?

By the way, lose the caps. On social media it's considered shouting and I don't think anyone is in the mood to be yelled at.

I agree with you about all-caps, @GoneButNotForgotten, but I think I'll give a 91-year-old a pass.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@elizabethl123 wrote:

So?

@GoneButNotForgotten  Maybe she'll lose the caps when you lose the nasty attitude. As @suzyQ3  said, she's 91. Do you ever post anything that's not mean? 

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal I actually got my flu shot this morning and feel fit as a fiddle.  My arm is not sore and I barely felt the ****** , perhaps because you tensed up made the muscle sore.  Let's pray we all stay healthy, no flu, no covid and ring in 2021 in good health!!!!!!!!

Super Contributor

I didn't feel a thing either when I got the flu shot....but the next day my upper arm was sensitive...tender to touch...but in a few days tenderness was gone.... I have heard this from a few people... but never a sore shoulder....

Honored Contributor

Spoiler re: needles:

Spoiler
For years and years, on TV, they show injections using very long needles.   
What if we have a small-ish circumference arm. ?
Why use a very long needle?  A shorter one would be good enough.  JMO.
'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

sorry  about the caps bad  eyes  plus hearing  aids

Esteemed Contributor

@elizabethl123 , no apologies necessary.  Honestly, whoever made that remark needs to remove it.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal , I always have a bad reaction to the flu shot but the one I really had trouble with was the pneumonia shot.  That one dropped me for 4 days.  My arm was angry red, hot to the touch, I had a headache and was bone tired.  Hate that!  LM