Respected Contributor

Re: My niece died. Family stress reaction.

@Vivian Oh my, I'm sorry you took such a tumble.  Warn your Mom ahead of time so she's not shocked!

Glad you had no breakages, cuts or sprains.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian ,

Sorry you got hurt and glad you say it is not serious. Sounds like something I would do, the trip part, but I very seldom fall from a trip/stumble etc.

I can't ever remember landing on my head, even my many years playing hockey and my 30+ years as a ref. I did land once on my face last year while ice skating. Only broke my nose and sprained my wrist from trying to make sure my head didn't hit the ice. Nose? That was #9 so no big deal.

Must be my gender, but getting "stressed" over a bruised face. Can't you call first your mother before your visit her and soften the possible blow? You had/have the other part of your thread causing you stress, why add more because of fall?

All I can say is ice, ice and more ice. Heat will only spread a bruise, I have had tons of them. Unless it's a bone bruise, most facial bruises take a couple weeks, deep bone bruises, months. Broken noses for me? Lots of black eyes.

Quit stressing and keep icing is my suggestion!

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

If I continue to look awful by the time I go to visit family, I'll give my mother a heads-up in advance. I already sent my brother a photo of my black eye(s) so that he and my sister-in-law are prepared for the arrival of a hideous monster-sister.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian 

Any makeup that helps? I'm thinkin you are far from hideous. Heck us guys would always have the "walked into a door" story to other guys.

Enjoy you visit,

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I realize I did not provide a follow-up to my problem. Fortunately,my bruises healed by the time I visited my brother. Thank goodness my mother noticed nothing on my healing face. I looked fine andI felt fine. The gods of f secrets gave ne a wonderful gift.