Esteemed Contributor

I have a canker sore that's come up on my bottom lip (on the inside), and it's really making my mouth sore.

I used to get those often when I was little; I called them "ulcers" then.

Haven't had one in a long time. Daughter's going to pick some ambesol up for me.

P.S. It's not a cold sore. I've never had one of those.

Honored Contributor

Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between a "canker" & "cold" sore?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I know it's not my mouth we are talking about, canker sores are usually inside the mouth while cold sores are usually outside the mouth.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I don't usually recommend products, but if you haven't used it give "Gly-Oxide" a try.  

Hope you feel better soon, @YorkieonmyPillow.Heart

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

My sister used to get boils a lot when we were kids. I never had one of those either, thank goodness.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My lip hurts so bad

[ Edited ]

Thank you, dooBdoo, but I'm not complaining, just conversing. This is nothing; I'm aware of that. I'm very grateful to have the health I have.......

There is some sort of buried virus on that side of my face; I had poison ivy on my chin once and every so often, one little bump will come up.

I thought something was going on because I felt that area tingling this morning.......

That's also the side I got Bell's Palsy on, so something is there....that's also the side I have tinnitus on, now that I think about it....

True Confessions

LOL

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I know it's not my mouth we are talking about, canker sores are usually inside the mouth while cold sores are usually outside the mouth.

And cold sores are caused by herpes simplex 1 and canker sores are not. Canker sores are usually caused by an irritant. I get them on my tongue if I am sick and use a lot of cough drops. It's like a horrible bonus for being sick.

I used to use CankAid, but that's super hard to find now. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Yorkie, I was going to ask if you were under stress or ate something that threw off the enzymes in your tummy.  Sometimes I get a canker sore if I have a sour or really upset stomach.

Sounds like you got worse going on and will be able to ride it out if you get some orajel or anbesol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: My lip hurts so bad

[ Edited ]

YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Thank you, dooBdoo, but I'm not complaining, just conversing. This is nothing; I'm aware of that. I'm very grateful to have the health I have.......

There is some sort of buried virus on that side of my face; I had poison ivy on my chin once and every so often, one little bump will come up.

I thought something was going on because I felt that area tingling this morning.......

That's also the side I got Bell's Palsy on, so something is there....that's also the side I have tinnitus on, now that I think about it....

True Confessions

LOL

Oh, goodness, it's not a problem even if you were complaining.  It's understandable when we're in pain.   I suggested the Gly-Oxide because it aids in faster healing rather than just quelling the pain.

You've been through a lot!  Sorry to hear that, and I hope this is just a temporary bump in the road.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, but I don't think I've been through a lot - I've never had a major disease, I don't have back problems, and I've never had much pain and certainly no chronic pain issues...I've never had surgery....

The Bell's palsy wasn't a big deal; I took a regime of Prednisome and that got rid of it.

Tinnitus? Well you learn to ignore it. It is annoying but what can you do....

The only really scary thing that's happened to me health-wise was the spell of vertigo I had where I passed out in the store. That was scary but hasn't happened again.......