Regular Contributor

Re: My husband with Alzheimer’s had a stroke.

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Vivian so verry sorry for your problems.  Im sure the rehab has dealt with your husbands problems before and I would be very surprised if they kick him out.  They may recommend that he be put in a private rehab that deals with his situation daily.

Enjoy your mom's birthday and being with family.

Sending up prayers for you and your family.

It happens, my dad was tossed out of an assisted living facility he had lived in with my mom for 2 years at 2 in the afternoon with no advanced warning & no referrals or suggestions on where to take him or what to do with him. They didn't give us time to find a new facility, just pack his bags and take him with you today.  He did nothing to warrant this treatment.  He had dementia, they were supposed to care for dementia patients, he never did anything but but on occasion show beligerance.  I have learned over the past 10 years that there is a very ugly side to elder care!

Honored Contributor

I would pray to Mother Mary to help you though these difficult times...She never lets me down...

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you're making your mother's birthday party and I hope you will be able to enjoy yourself as you should. 

Maybe it's a good thing your dear husband is where he is so you will be able to attend with your children and not have to worry about him at home?

Try not to worry about his behavior at the hospital rehab as they should be able to handle it.

How awful about your doggie, too, being sick.

I feel badly you're having all this thrown at you at once.  It's so good you have your daughters with you.  Be grateful for that alone!

Respected Contributor

So very sorry for all your troubles. Happy Mother's Day.

Take time for yourself----treat yourself gently don't sweat the small stuff. 

Just reading your post and I feel so deeply for you.

'My father had Alzheimer's for 13 years, mom had brain tumor was legally blind etc.

May you have strength and serenity dealing with these

difficulties.

Valued Contributor

Sending prayers and patience for you and your family.

Trusted Contributor

I truly am sorry for that you are going through.Hopefully things will get better,you are in my prayers.

Honored Contributor

Dear Vivian, praying for you now.  Have strength and trust in the one above.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Vivian I am praying fou you, your husband, your mom turning 100, and dog with cancer. 

Honored Contributor

My prayers go out to you on this long lonely sometimes road.  I hope you have some comfort from all of us here along the way.  

Respected Contributor

I'm so very sorry for all you are going thru. Know there are people thinking of you here and praying for you and your family. I'm glad that you have family to help with this. Take care of yourself, too.