Honored Contributor

Re: My husband with Alzheimer’s had a stroke.

@Vivian so verry sorry for your problems.  Im sure the rehab has dealt with your husbands problems before and I would be very surprised if they kick him out.  They may recommend that he be put in a private rehab that deals with his situation daily.

Enjoy your mom's birthday and being with family.

Sending up prayers for you and your family.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Vivian You have just had so much to cope wit for such a long time.  My heart feels heavy for you.  You and many others here are already in my prayers.  

Please just do the best you can to cope and please place yourself on your list of priorities just a little.  It is in no way selfish to take a little time to care for yourself. 

With warm regards,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@Vivian,

Try to stay strong, and, think positive  as hard as it may be right now,

Praying for you

Honored Contributor

Thinking of you, your husband and family, @Vivian ,  at this most difficult time.  You've endured so much, and you've demonstrated your innate pluck and character under all the strain.   Sending prayers for you. 

Valued Contributor

Vivian, my heart is broken.  I am thankful for your family and friends.  Thank you for sharing and I am asking God to supply what I can't.  Arms around you

Honored Contributor

Dear Vivian, I am so sorry that you are faced with these challenges.  I hope that there is significant progress with your husband's rehab.  The medical team will be familiar with his hostile behavior and will be able to accommodate and move through the difficulties.  

I am glad that you are taking the time to celebrate your mother's 100th birthday.  I hope this day with family and without problems will lift your spirits.   I glad that you have supportive children and you will be with them for the ride to your mother's home.

It must seem over whelming, but with baby steps taking one day at a time you will find the strength to carry on.  I hope that you spend some quiet time each day to take for yourself.  My mother told me to go take a warm bath and we would have a cup of tea afterwards when problems arose. Holding your precious beagle can be a source of joy to both of you. Sometimes those simple measures can offer solace.

We are here to listen and offer support.  Please keep in touch.  Sending hugs and wishes for peace. 

Respected Contributor

@Vivian  I'm sorry to read this and have tears just thinking of all the difficulty that you are trying to manage right now.

Sending prayers for you and your family and doggie to have strength to get through and remember, you are only one person and can only do your best.  Please be kind to yourself.  

Please reach out to others for help whenever you can.  The medical team should be aware and know what to do especially if this is a common occurrence with Alzheimer patients.  

Wishing your mom a great 100th Bday - that is quite an accomplishment!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@Vivian   So sorryfor all the rain coming down at you at once. It sounds like you have a lot to handle and on your mind at once.

I'm hoping all goes well for you and your family and your beagle, too. Prayers from my home to yours. 💕

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for your husband and family.

Regular Contributor

Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your family members.  I feel your pain...I honestly do and I fully understand the overwhelming feelings that come with caring for multiple family members who have serious health problems.  My mother had a stroke, she was also paralyzed on her right side while also dealing with my dad's dementia.  My husband was  diagnosed with cancer at the same time so it was a juggling act and it got to be physically & emotionally draining.  All I can say is take care of yourself whenever you get a little free time and if someone offers to help don't turn it down.  You may not think you can handle all this but you ARE stronger than you think and you will rise to the occasion.  I only know I continually told myself I can't do it, I can't get through this but some how there was a reserve of strength I didn't know I had.  Not an easy thing to go through and if I could I would come & help you!