Respected Contributor

Re: My husband having shoulder surgery

My husband had torn rotator cuff surgery and did not seem to complain too much about pain.  He had to go to rehab for a while.  It is tough getting dressed, and the arm is not usable for a good while since it is in a sling.  He stilled complains about shoulder pain when trying to sleep.

Honored Contributor

I didn't have surgery, but I just went through 6 mos. of pain and taking care of my right shoulder.  That was sore so I bet he's been miserable. I hope this surgery helps him feel better and heals very quickly.  I bet you do too.

I'll be thinking of you both and praying for a wonderful outcome.

Honored Contributor

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.pcFl3iUjf28-jTLuVn7CHQEsER&pid=15.1

... for your husband's surgery and recovery

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I had surgery on a frozen shoulder, not a replacement, and have to say, that while it was a huge success, it was a pretty painful surgery. Went right into p/t within days and religiously did home exercises which is a must and it turned out  great. But just keep the pain under control---I let it get the better of me and it took days to get it control. Good luck!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Didn't have replacement, but had rotator cuff done several years ago. Started P/T after about one month - faithfully did the excercises at home as well. It is a painful thing to get through. I do have complete use of my arm and it doesn't hurt at all.

Now, my other shoulder is acting up and I am trying to do some strength exercises at home. But, boy, when I move certain ways does it hurt.

Wishing your husband well in his recovery.