Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

@apple1964 I guess in spite of the fact that you don't love the look you are looking cool.I know it is terrible to hate your hair and have to face it every day in the mirror but I have seen a few ladies with that look recently and I like the style on them.I was hoping that you had come to enjoy it but I guess that hasn't happened.

Product helps a lot......And I guess I am getting use to it now.

Contributor

I feel your pain!  I have been in your shoes many times but years ago...not anymore because I have been cutting my own hair for years. I've gotten very good at it too!  People are shocked (even my hairstylist) that I do it myself with such good results!  I got tired of paying my money and leaving hating my haircut.  I don't do my own coloring/highlights but I do have to tell her when to rinse so my hair won't be so dark.  Bottom line is, speak up......you should go back and tell her how you feel....it will make you feel better.

Thankfully hair grows back! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

most of us have been there. more than once!!   i had clippers used once when i had a reverse angle bob.  i asked the stylist not to make the front angles so short but she said it would not look good . she said she would stack the back but graduate the cut  and used clippers!  arghh i had 1/4 inch of hair at the nape.

i cried and cried for days...yes i know - i asked for the cut.  i wore ball caps for weeks.

went to her once after that cut and she was insulted when i said i just wanted a trim and let it grow. bye felicia . took 6 months to get to just below chin length.

Groan just imagine me I had a side part longer bang pixie cut and only wanted a trim around the ears and to take some bulk off the top and sides [thick hair] How she went for shaved sides and back and top of my hair is beyond me.Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

I take my drawings/sketches with me.  Blunt cut, straight across the back; mid neck length.  My hair seems to grow very fast in the back and ends up forming a V shape back there.  So a 'straight across' back is what I want.  No layering everywhere, which (layering/feathering) is harder to look good in-between trims/cuts.   I love the feathered/layered look in general, but it looks 'chopped up' in-between cuts, which is what I don't want.  A straight style is easy-care for me.  jmo.  Well, that's about it for today.  Enjoy your weekend!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).