Honored Contributor

My grandsons keep calling me.

I only have 2,but 4 or 5 have called me asking for money.

What I can't figure out is how people fall for this scam.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My grandsons keep calling me.

It's sad when they prey on people like that. 

Honored Contributor

My mother told me she had gotten one of those phone calls maybe ten years ago!  Seems like it must be working since it's still going.

Honored Contributor

The scam has to work only every once in a while to pay off-  spend 40 hours and hit a call worth $1000 on which you pay no taxes--   Good money as long as you have no moral compass

btw-  some years ago, a friend of mine had a grandma call-  sounded like her grandson, but fortunately she was close to the family and knew he wasn't traveling.  She asked the caller his sister's name and he immediately knew that scam call was wasted

Honored Contributor

We haven't had one since I screamed at the guy "you are dead to us, out of the will, and next time you step on this property and Pops shoots at you, he will be aiming higher!"

Esteemed Contributor

Some of my calls have had my grandson's right name and it showed his phone number

Tough decision in that case, just in case!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had one years ago. Thing is I have no kids or grandkids. I told the caller to just keep him.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One call was from a guy who said his name was Peter. I asked him why his Mom had named him Peter. Didn't know. I knew-Peter was her rock. I got a little sad when I remembered that.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty ---just read your post---and laughed out loud---good comeback----

some young men for some religious church thing that came to my apt door at almost 9 p.m---I shooed them away, told them is way to late for all this-- when one of them asked if I knew of Jesus Christ---I said why yes----and he is in bed right now----closed the door -----and went to bed!!!!

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

We haven't had one since I screamed at the guy "you are dead to us, out of the will, and next time you step on this property and Pops shoots at you, he will be aiming higher!"

@RedTop   Hilarious!