Honored Contributor

Re: My grandson,Brian called me today

@AuntG wrote:

My call of the day was about the medical brace I requested. Unfortunately, I've never even discussed a brace with my doctor

@AuntG    I've gotten that one, too.   The only reason I answered the phone was the caller ID said " Bank of America".   I have an account there.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

You're absolutely correct, it was a scam.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes the scammer gets scammed.  I think this is one of the funniest:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ffRjzNsEJo

Granny Makes IRS Scammer Go Insane & Waste 2 Hours”

Trusted Contributor

I got an email from someone claiming to be Bill Gates wanting to share his fortune with me.  LOL  That email was full of spelling and gramatical errors.  Not hard to spot a scam.

I never answer my phone unless its a number a recognize, even if the number is local.  

Honored Contributor

My mom ages ago got one of those calls.  The caller actually used a relatives first name so it seemed really real.  It upset her for awhile.  She had to be calmed down.  Nothing bad happened, but these calls have been going on for years, and continue to.  Be alert.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had two messages left on land line, saying that I owe money, but it is hard to understand till it gets till the end and then she says all she call tell me is if I do not call them and make arrangements to pay what I owe, then GOOD LUCK.

I tried to call the number back, was going to give whoever answered a piece of my mind, and I got a recording saying the Happy Jack customer wasn't available right now.

Respected Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

Sometimes the scammer gets scammed.  I think this is one of the funniest:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ffRjzNsEJo

Granny Makes IRS Scammer Go Insane & Waste 2 Hours”

@ Montana this was hilarious. I was in tears laughing so hard. He really sounded like an elderly lady.

Esteemed Contributor

I got a couple of calls from AT&T (which is indeed my phone company) which I did not feel like answering but they left no message which was odd.

Then they followed up with an email that sure looked like it was legit.  I was to log into my account about my “new order”.

Be careful, this one is a good one.

Trusted Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

I got a couple of calls from AT&T (which is indeed my phone company) which I did not feel like answering but they left no message which was odd.

Then they followed up with an email that sure looked like it was legit.  I was to log into my account about my “new order”.

Be careful, this one is a good one.

I get this from ATT, banks and Apple imposters.  I always check the sender by either clicking on it or replying.  You can then easily tell the email isn't coming from where it says.  I forward them to the fraud department for each company.

Esteemed Contributor

I was going to say I wish I had grandchildren until you wrote about the phone call. Too many today so I quit answering them with hello. I am so tired of getting them from V--Blocking is useless for it seems the numbers are different.