Respected Contributor

My granddaughter--whoo hoo!

[ Edited ]

Yesterday was my granddaughter's 6th birthday and before I get to anything else, I want to say that her mother--my daughter-in-law--has the patience of  saint. She actually hosted TWO parties; on Monday they had a party for her friends and last night they had a family party.

I like my d.i.l.'s family so much. They're very warm and friendly and funny, and even sent regards to my sister--who most of them haven't even met--as she recovers from surgery. 

My granddaughter has always been on the petite side--she's wearing size 5 clothes and I'd bet that she could even still get into size 4. I was glad to notice that she's filled out a little although she's SO active it's hard to keep weight on her. She's very social too. I pity the first grade teacher who tries to "tame" her--not that she's naughty or unruly but it's hard for her to sit still and she's a real little chatterbox. 

We stayed for a couple of hours but when the decible level reached that of a 747 at full-power take-off, it was time to leave. I wish I could have stayed longer; she's just so...wonderful and adorable and funny!

What a great event. As the saying goes, if I'd known how wonderful grandchildren were, I'd have had her first Woman Happy 

Honored Contributor

Re: My granddaughter--whoo hoo!

@GoneButNotForgotten    Congratulations and glad you had a good time.  You know they grow up so fast so enjoy the young years.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten - So glad you had a good time.

I am so excited today. My 3 granddaughters are flying in tonight. I haven't seen them since December 2019. I might sob like a baby when I finally get to hug them. They will be staying with me until the middle of July - can we just say WHAT HAPPENS AT MIMI'S STAYS AT MIMI'S, lol. Can't wait to spoil them.

The oldest turned 9 in March - we missed both of her birthdays.

The twins turn 6 in August -

Respected Contributor

oh my gosh, you are going to just melt when you see them and i'm wishing you a happy visit with them Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

It is really wonderful to be a “Mimi.”  Even though my two don’t live far away, we really didn’t see them in the pandemic.

Boy is 13, sister is 8.  They are such a 💝!

Honored Contributor

Our GS are 9 and 15 going on 25!  I have them at the beach right now.  They're such a hoot!!!!

Respected Contributor

So glad you enjoyed your grandaughter's 6th BD party, that is such a fun age !  Non stop talking, so active. I have a 5 yo grandson, he will be 6 soon and he's a non stop talker and very active also. He reads at a 3rd grade level, surprised the teachers because he had a speech problem initially so he has been in virtual learning since the pandemic. I enjoy  being grandma ! 

Respected Contributor

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Esteemed Contributor

Grandchildren are the best. It sounds like a great time was had by all. I have one grandson and two granddaughters. The youngest granddaughter is also very petite. Her build is perfect for her sport, gymnastics. She's the captain of her high school gymnastics team and is coaching this summer. She's also an excellent student. Those cute petite girls can be little balls of fire.