Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart, it's one thing to hear about the virus's devastation but quite another thing to have it become personal. My deepest condolences for your loss.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart - It's such a cruel disease and has affected so many in our country and around the world.

I'm so sorry that it has cost you two dear friends.  Words don't really help, but I hope time will soften the pain you feel right now.

Keep the good memories close to your heart.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, @CalminHeart , I am so very sorry for your loss. 🤗 

Esteemed Contributor

Unknown.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you lost a friend. @CalminHeart 

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

My friend died of covid and I'm just sick.  We met back in the 80s when she started working at the the same place.  We both have retired since then but always kept in touch and last talked in November. I tried to reach her in December but didn't hear back. I am heartsick for her family. This is my 2nd friend who died of covid since Sept. I'm just sad.  Thanks for listening.

@CalminHeart- I'm so sorry for your loss. May her memory be a blessing to you.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart - I'm so sorry. This horrible virus has taken a lot of good people. Like @itsmagic , we lost a friend early Christmas morning too. He was in three weeks- healthy, no underlying conditions. There was a scare early on when they were not sure whether or not he would go on a ventilator. He didn't then, and seemed to be doing a lot better. But the week before Christmas they decided to put him on it. 

The family was contacted late afternoon Christmas Eve and told the doctor wanted to have a conference with them. We knew things didn't sound good. DD got a text from his daughter mid morning. He had died around 1:30 a.m. He always loved Christmas, so everyone took comfort in that. 

@CalminHeart and @itsmagic - I hope your memories and the comforting words of other loved ones give you peace. Let's hope this coming year brings an eventual end to this virus that has decimated our world. 

Esteemed Contributor

My sympathies to you and your friend's family.  This such a sad virus.

Honored Contributor

So very sorry.  Sending prayers from the mountains.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry you lost your friend! Take care!🙏🏼