Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I hope everyone continues to wear a mask, socially distance and washes their hands frequently.  

I would like to add take vitamins D3, K2, C, zinc & querectin.  Make sure your vitamin D levels are good!!

Respected Contributor

Our family is happier waiting until we all get our shots.  Of course the kids might still carry the disease.

Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

Our family is happier waiting until we all get our shots.  Of course the kids might still carry the disease.

Yes, but you would be less likely to get infected. Still, we're planning on taking the precautions (mask and distance), not only for ourselves but also to protect our family, given the possibility of being a carrier. @KarenQVC 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I have seen my son (my youngest) during the Pandemic.  This was and is done on as needed basis, not just because we can.  We do social distance and wear masks when he stops by.   Sometime between the end of October and before Christmas he test positive for the antibodies.  No symptoms.  He did go for a test and they said he was negative but he still had antibodies.

I haven't had my entire family gather with me, but my younger sister and brother visited with one another the whole time.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

Go and enjoy every minute of time with your family 💐💐

Don't let those here who can't help themselves always find a "negative in doing something positive!"

As sure as I'm breathing I'm sure you and your family are well aware of what to do to for continued safety & health.

Have a great time and savor the memories! I'm going on cousins 4 day trip next week💃💃then our  family is joining us.  Beachdays,marquiritas and good times ahead...

🏝🏖⛱

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam ..............Good for you and enjoy the family time.

Dont let the negative Nellie's and the do gooders that are always telling us what to do, wear mask, wash hands, blah, blah, blah.  We all know this just stop with the busy body stuff.  We get bombarded enough on TV everyday!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  My concern is that people who get the vaccine will think that they are safe.  No!  The vaccine will only lessen the severity of the virus if you get it and you can still transmit the virus.  I know it's boring but still necessary--wear a mask, social distance and wash your hands.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure I understand the risks. We have not had the virus and have followed all guidelines - my husband desperately misses seeing his large family. He will be two days away from his second Covid vaccination when he goes to a family party in March. Over half of those attending have already recovered from Covid, some will have been vaccinated while others will just wear masks. I will not go because I'm not yet eligible for my vaccination, and we've been good for so long so I'm not going to mess it up now! Could he bring Covid home to me? He said he will not eat and will drink bottled beverages. Still, I'm not sure he should attend. 

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I'm not sure I understand the risks. We have not had the virus and have followed all guidelines - my husband desperately misses seeing his large family. He will be two days away from his second Covid vaccination when he goes to a family party in March. Over half of those attending have already recovered from Covid, some will have been vaccinated while others will just wear masks. I will not go because I'm not yet eligible for my vaccination, and we've been good for so long so I'm not going to mess it up now! Could he bring Covid home to me? He said he will not eat and will drink bottled beverages. Still, I'm not sure he should attend. 

The vaccine does not mean someone is 100% safe. It does not mean someone won't catch covid or be a carrier. He could still carry the virus home. Wearing a mask and social distancing are still critical. I've had both vaccines and wouldn't dream of going to a gathering yet.

Respected Contributor

all I can say is this my family rolled the dice,and we all took a chance being around each other.hopefully everyone will stay healthy.of course,there were a few family members who decided not to come and all of us respected that.im told u cannot get infected by touching counter tops,or food.just saying,maybe I'm being naive,but darn,I had such a wonderful time,with no regrets