Honored Contributor

Re: My exhusband stopped by after 39 years!

I would ignore him too.  My ex-husband  was the stalker type of person and had moved out of state but moved back two years ago.  He died recently and I feel safer now.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

It sounds to me like the OP still has feelings for this man. 

Honored Contributor

IMO he was trying to do the right thing.  He could have just thrown them away.  I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.  Let him know you dont want them.  He is moving after all and does not appear to be "after" you.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

If you were not thinking about the photos yesterday then you do not need them in your life today.  Simple and sweet and so is the life you made without him.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@emmysmom

I’d have painful feelings, too. You have these resolved in your own mind. Don’t let them be a real-play.

Would your sons take these? Their children might like to see. If you can contact a son and ask, do that.

Or set up a PO BOX and have them sent there...if possible do this thru sons. 

How dare are this man?  Not safe.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@emmysmom   My heart is breaking for you.This man caused you so much pain.Don’t go there again.I think he feels guilty in his old age & wants somehow to make it right with you.Maybe now he realizes what he lost all those years ago.

I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction & risk opening up all those wounds.You moved on & had 3 sons. Live your life.Forget about the creep.Remember”living well is the best revenge”!!

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

It sounds to me like the OP still has feelings for this man. 

No...the feelings I have are pain!...(I've been healing from my last ex..who died 3 years ago...he was very abusive...we divorced in 2010...) Old memories were triggered...

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

If you were not thinking about the photos yesterday then you do not need them in your life today.  Simple and sweet and so is the life you made without him.

Thanks Becky for understanding..its NOT about the pictures...it was a way to get back in..or cause pain!

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@emmysmom   My heart is breaking for you.This man caused you so much pain.Don’t go there again.I think he feels guilty in his old age & wants somehow to make it right with you.Maybe now he realizes what he lost all those years ago.

I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction & risk opening up all those wounds.You moved on & had 3 sons. Live your life.Forget about the creep.Remember”living well is the best revenge”!!

Yes! You're right..I'll be fine...I doubt he'll contact me again..! Thanks so much! HeartHeartHeart

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@emmysmom

I’d have painful feelings, too. You have these resolved in your own mind. Don’t let them be a real-play.

Would your sons take these? Their children might like to see. If you can contact a son and ask, do that.

Or set up a PO BOX and have them sent there...if possible do this thru sons. 

How dare are this man?  Not safe.

My boys are from my second marriage...I don't know how to contact my ex...and I'm glad!!!!..I think its a God thing..He doesn't want me to go there..!!!! He never hurt me physically but the emotional abuse was horrible..I ended up in the hospital.. I was there 2 weeks because I couldn't eat..I was so depressed! The therapist I saw while there was wonderful.. I continued seeing him for a while and he's responsible for me getting well and moving on. My dad pleaded with me to never take him back. Thanks for your input! I really feel so much better after hearing from all of you..I feel I can move on..like it never happened! xxx Heart

-- Mae West