Respected Contributor

Re: My exhusband stopped by after 39 years!

@emmysmom   I think you will know what to do when you answer this question:  Has there been any time in the last number of years when you said to your self, "I wish I had kept those photos."

If you answer NO to that question, then I don't think you should ask for the photos back.

Valued Contributor

why would anyone want those pictures? I say dump them out. Do not contact him too much pain. I would not want to see my ex no matter what. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

@emmysmom   I think you will know what to do when you answer this question:  Has there been any time in the last number of years when you said to your self, "I wish I had kept those photos."

If you answer NO to that question, then I don't think you should ask for the photos back.

I agree.....

Esteemed Contributor

Wow! I can't thank you all enough! My boys are from my second marriage and they couldn't care less about these pictures, I'm sure. Also..even if I wanted to contact him..the email address he gave me doesn't work. I have no idea why he looked me up..and I felt violated that he did. He had no idea if I had remarried or had someone in my life. Yes..it was a GOOD thing I didn't take his phone call or open the door. As far as I know he's still married...and I'm glad its her and not me..lol! I'll be ok..just wish it never happened!! Hearing from you ladies verified my feelings...thanks again!!!!!! xxxx

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

As much as this gives you pain, for which I am so sorry, I imagine it's caused a few problems between him & current wife.    "Why have you kept this so long?"  I can hear it now.

Easier said than done, but don't give it another thought.    

@emmysmom wrote:

Wow! I can't thank you all enough! My boys are from my second marriage and they couldn't care less about these pictures, I'm sure. Also..even if I wanted to contact him..the email address he gave me doesn't work. I have no idea why he looked me up..and I felt violated that he did. He had no idea if I had remarried or had someone in my life. Yes..it was a GOOD thing I didn't take his phone call or open the door. As far as I know he's still married...and I'm glad its her and not me..lol! I'll be ok..just wish it never happened!! Hearing from you ladies verified my feelings...thanks again!!!!!! xxxx

Esteemed Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

My ex-husband was a big slug. He was even worse than I even thought,as   on stubbling acrossed some things I didn't even know. He died 2 years ago and finally I feel safe and free. 

Yes, I can relate! My second husband died three years ago..and he was worse then I thought. I found out from my sons, he'd been doing drugs..and illegal stuff..! So glad he's gone too! I've been happily single for 8 years...hearing from my ex was just a bump in the road. Does he feel guilty??? I guess, miracles do happen...but I doubt it! Woman Indifferent

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

@emmysmom Oh how I wish I could talk to you in person! I went thru a very painful divorce from a cheating husband, that I loved dearly. It took me YEARS to let go. We are finally somewhat friends, but the pain is still in the back of my head. I now regret hanging on so long & thinking (& WANTING) he would come back. Mine is too long for this thread, & many would not understand all the circumstances. I have never remarried & never will, BUT I have moved on with my life. I hope you can get past this & forget the pain. I know you can never forget the pain, but at least don't let it consume you, as I did for TOO MANY yrs! Focus on something more comforting & happier times. 

*I wish you well!

Honored Contributor

HE is moving, nice gesture to see if you want to store and have those pictures.  He'll pitch them if you don't.  That's how I read it.  Don't read anything else into it.  Decide soon.

Honored Contributor

Obviously his recent attempt to contact you has caused pain and stress. Personally, what purpose does it serve for you to have the pictures? 

If if he is the father of your sons, he can send the stuff to them. They may or may not want them.

Take care.

Esteemed Contributor

@emmysmom, I would consider it a bad dream and put it out of your mind.  You do not need the pictures.  It is history.  It appears that he either wants to reconnect or has such guilt that this is a way to open the door.  Unless you want some sort of relationship with him, I would ignore this attempt.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!