Esteemed Contributor

Re: My exhusband stopped by after 39 years!

@TX-starlight wrote:

@emmysmom Oh how I wish I could talk to you in person! I went thru a very painful divorce from a cheating husband, that I loved dearly. It took me YEARS to let go. We are finally somewhat friends, but the pain is still in the back of my head. I now regret hanging on so long & thinking (& WANTING) he would come back. Mine is too long for this thread, & many would not understand all the circumstances. I have never remarried & never will, BUT I have moved on with my life. I hope you can get past this & forget the pain. I know you can never forget the pain, but at least don't let it consume you, as I did for TOO MANY yrs! Focus on something more comforting & happier times. 

*I wish you well!

I can't imagine ever getting married again either!!! There are many reasons why..I used to be a caregiver and I took care of some wonderful women. ALL of them had abusive marriages and felt the same way! When we get older..alot of men are looking for a "nurse with a purse"..someone that will take care of them! No way Jose...!!!!!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My exhusband stopped by after 39 years!

[ Edited ]

@Rockycoast wrote:

I would not respond at all to ex. He is an ex for a reason! He is already causing you pain and you haven't even seen him!  As stated by another poster,  A leopard doesn't change its' spots. Don't give him an opportunity to hurt you again. You are done with him let it stay that way.

Thanks so much....HeartHeartHeart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West