Valued Contributor

My best friend was killed in a car accident.

I have been trying to deal with her being gone and looking for ways to accept this. How do I no longer look for her emails? It was suddenly, and unexpected, and I never got to say goodbye, I miss her and now I have no best friend anymore. She was my dearest friend for 27 years and just like that she's no longer here. I feel so sad and I don't want a new best friend, I want her back, it's just so sad to lose someone. I never get to hear her voice on the phone again. I don't expect anything from any of you, I just need to hear myself talk. Goodnight all.   

Contributor

Re: My best friend was killed in a car accident.

I’m so sorry dear. This is hard for you. Sending you hugs and prayers. 😢

Esteemed Contributor

@gulf coast girl, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Having just lost my step-son in an auto accident a month ago, I can empathize with how difficult this is for you. My dear husband is dealing with the loss of his son and there just aren't enough words to describe the grief that we deal with when we lose someone we love so much. My heart goes out to you and I hope that you find peace.

Honored Contributor

Sudden passings are so hard to deal with.  Cherish your memories of her and your long-lasting friendship.  

Honored Contributor

I know the feelings you're experiencing.  I lost a good friend last year when she was found dead in her new home of an opioid overdose.  I keep thinking surely if I drove over to her place, she'd be there.  It gets better as time goes on.  Keep remembering the good times you had together.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Sudden grief pulls the rug out from under us and traumatic.  Your heart and soul hurt.

Give yourself time to heal.

With time It will get easier to remember her and celebrate her, right now the tears and pain are so strong it is over-whelming.

Gentle hug to you.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Respected Contributor

Heartfelt condolences.  You must grieve, and it will take some time before the anguish lessens.  May the good memories be a comfort.

Honored Contributor

@gulf coast girl

In times of loss this sudden and close all I can offer is,

"I'm so sad for your loss;  you and your friend are in my prayers."

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@gulf coast girl wrote:

I have been trying to deal with her being gone and looking for ways to accept this. How do I no longer look for her emails? It was suddenly, and unexpected, and I never got to say goodbye, I miss her and now I have no best friend anymore. She was my dearest friend for 27 years and just like that she's no longer here. I feel so sad and I don't want a new best friend, I want her back, it's just so sad to lose someone. I never get to hear her voice on the phone again. I don't expect anything from any of you, I just need to hear myself talk. Goodnight all.   

i know exactly what you're going through...i lost my bff of over 30 years....spoke on the phone on a tuesday....she had a massive heart attack the next day....i, too, want her back.....her sisters have been trying to help me...and i am grateful for that....but i miss her voice....hoping things get better to deal with....and for you, too...