Trusted Contributor

Re: My best friend was killed in a car accident.

And you keep reaching for the phone to tell her things you can't tell anyone else or ask her questions no-one else can answer.

Honored Contributor

I understand. Take your loss one day at a time, and be good to yourself. Bless you today, and always.

Honored Contributor

I am very sorry for your loss.

It will be two years at the end of April that I lost my best friend of 55 years.  She always used to say to me, I don't know what I would do without you.  Now I am without her friendship, her kindness and advice, her being there through good and bad times. her phone calls, our weekly dinners and so much more.  My heart has a void which cannot be filled but time has slowly healed the pain of grief.  It will for you too.

I am close to her children, both grown and married and her granddaughters.  I see them  often and maintain our relationship as my girlfriend would want.  We help each other by talking about all the wonderful memories.

While I miss her more than words can express, I was truly blessed to have such a close friendship.

Valued Contributor

Sincere condolence to you! I lost a family member two years ago and I am still not over it. You do have to grieve but try to remember every good thing about the two of you.

Beckyblu

Trusted Contributor

@gulf coast girl I'm so very sorry for your loss of your best friend. May you be surrounded by those that love you to help support you in your deep grief. You are in my prayers.

Valued Contributor

@gulf coast girl

I am so sorry to hear about this grief and sadness that has come upon you. Best friends are the family you hand pick.                           I wish you peace  download (1).jpg 

and strength to get you through this ordeal,

and comfort to ease you through the changes in your life.

download (1).jpgdownload (1).jpgdownload (1).jpg                            download (1).jpgdownload (1).jpg

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.

Honored Contributor

God bless you, I am sorry for your loss.  I lost my best girlfriend last month unexpectedly from a massive heart attack.  It took me several days to get over the shock.  I understand your pain.  I still miss her and our times on her deck.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@gulf coast girl wrote:

I have been trying to deal with her being gone and looking for ways to accept this. How do I no longer look for her emails? It was suddenly, and unexpected, and I never got to say goodbye, I miss her and now I have no best friend anymore. She was my dearest friend for 27 years and just like that she's no longer here. I feel so sad and I don't want a new best friend, I want her back, it's just so sad to lose someone. I never get to hear her voice on the phone again. I don't expect anything from any of you, I just need to hear myself talk. Goodnight all.   

@gulf coast girl

My deepest sympathies to you!  There is no easy way to deal with the loss of someone so close to you.  I know how you feel.  My mother passed away a few months ago and she was my dearest friend in the world.  I feel like my heart has been ripped from my chest and there is a big, empty hole there that nothing can or ever will fill.  Aren't we blessed though that we had 2 such wonderful, loving, sweet and caring women in our lives?  It's a huge tragedy.  I cannot sit here and say you will get over it because you will not.  It will get easier to bear as times goes on, but this will be with you for the rest of your life.  Now, its still so raw, it's difficult to think of her without feeling so much sorrow and pain, but please know that a day will come when you think of her, that you will feel mostly joy and remember all the beautiful and special times you shared.  Blessings!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin