Valued Contributor

Re: My best friend was killed in a car accident.

I am so very sorry for your loss.  I hope you will be comforted by your memories of your dear friend. 

Frequent Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yoursel. Sending you a hug. 

Honored Contributor

@gulf coast girl. I am so sorry.  I have no words that I think can help you.  This is a huge loss, and I just want to say I know how tough this is. 

Respected Contributor

My best friend died in September. I will always miss her. When we met we were twelve years old. I know there is no replacing her. In my seventies now and I was lucky to have her in my life for so long. I am so sorry for you. We are both fortunate to have had someone so special in our lives. Prayers for you. Take care.

Honored Contributor

I'm so very sorry.  Please just take a few seconds at a time, then one day a few more.  You'll know when.  Grief is a totally personal thing and everyone goes through the steps differently.

Trusted Contributor

@gulf coast girl wrote:

I have been trying to deal with her being gone and looking for ways to accept this. How do I no longer look for her emails? It was suddenly, and unexpected, and I never got to say goodbye, I miss her and now I have no best friend anymore. She was my dearest friend for 27 years and just like that she's no longer here. I feel so sad and I don't want a new best friend, I want her back, it's just so sad to lose someone. I never get to hear her voice on the phone again. I don't expect anything from any of you, I just need to hear myself talk. Goodnight all.   

@gulf coast girl, I'm very sorry for the loss of your best friend. I hope that with your happy memories and the passing of time, will ease the pain and saddness you are experiencing now.

You and your best friend's family are in my thoughts.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG I'm so sorry about your friend!

Trusted Contributor

So sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you.

Honored Contributor

@gulf coast girl  My condolences to you.  Unfortunately, it is part of life and it is not easy but eventually you will be yourself again.  You go through a grieving period but if it is longer than you think acceptable, please see a dr. for advice.  You will have memories that will give you comfort.  Take care. Cat Sad

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@gulf coast girl  I’m so sorry for your loss. Over 9 years ago my best friend died suddenly too.We had just spoken on the phone.An hour later she had a massive heart attack!!

We were like sisters for over 40 years. I still mourn her loss.She never got to see her children marry or the birth of her beautiful grandchildren. I miss her beyond measure. 

Give yourself all the time you need.Cry as much as you have to.Come talk to us your forum friends. We understand.